Being Desperate

Scott and I were currently back at his place. Malia went with Peter to try and convince him to help us. The man cares about her. I can tell, but he has a weird way of showing it.

The two of us were trying to think of anyone else who could help us. I had the idea of getting Derek to help us, but neither one of us could get ahold of him. And there's no way I'm bringing my brother into this. He's doing something that he has dreamed of since he was a kid. I'm not going to take that away from him.

I finally came up with an idea. "You know, there's something else we can try. But you're not gonna like it."

"What?" Scott asked.

"Deaton told me about it. There's another pack of werewolves. They gave up everything that makes them human. Rules, morals. Electricity." I explain. Scott nodded his head. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard of this pack. They call themselves The Primal. Their pack symbol is a circle with a crescent on top."

"They're strong." I tell him. 

"They're not only strong, they'll kill anything that crosses their path." Scott corrected.

I shrug. "Are they any worse than Deucalion and Peter?"

"I mean, at least I know Deucalion and Peter." Scott answered. "This pack, I, I don't know anything about them."

"Does it matter if they can help us beat Gerard?" I ask. 

"It matters if they're murderers."

I let out a sigh of frustration. I understand why Scott's like this, but we can't afford to be right now. It is us versus them. One side will win, and one will lose. And even though we don't want it, blood will be shed, and I don't want it to be us.

"So, you wanna work with Peter and Deucalion, who are murders might I add, but not them?" I ask confused.

"But I know them. There's got to be someone else who can help us. We're not that desperate." Scott answered. 

"And going to them would be really desperate?" I ask.

"Yes." Scott answered. I look at him for a second before turning and walking out of the house.

"Evan! What are you doing?" Scott called out after me.

"Being desperate."

×××

After some searching, Scott and I had finally found the pack house for the Primal pack. It was very dark around, and also very quiet. It put me on edge. Maybe this plan of mine wasn't the best. We don't know this group.

I followed a few steps behind Scott as we walked up to this house. All of a sudden, I felt my head start to spin and my vision blurred. I stumbled into Scott who was just as affected as I was.

"What's wrong with this place?" I ask him.

"I feel it, too." He told me. A sudden realizationhit me.

"It's the Anuk-Ite."

As much as I didn't want to, it felt like my body was pulling me away from this place. I took a few steps back when Scott grabbed my wrist stopping me.