Scar Face

I let out a yawn as my pencil hit the paper. Last night while I was at Scott's. We got a text from Lydia. She said she got in the car when a feeling came over her. She ended up at the school. We ended up finding a deputy who was killed.

Dad's freaked out about it. This morning while I was making him coffee he told me what was going to happen. He said a whole bunch of people from the state were coming down to help, including the FBI.

It's getting very out of hand. People are dying every other day, and we don't know who's next. Not to mention we don't even know whose killing them. At least we don't have to worry about the alpha pack until the full moon. That's how long they gave Derek to decide. Until then, they don't touch us, and we don't touch them.

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms. Blake explains as she walks around the room. I guess she stopped at Lydia's desk due to what she said next. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia said making me chuckle.

I stop drawing for a moment to look at what I've drawn. That's usually how I draw. Just relax and let the mind take over. It's one of the reasons I love to draw so much. It's a getaway.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion when I look at the drawing. It looks like a cellar of some sort. There's a set of stairs in the middle of the page. There is also a huge tree to the left. What is this place? Why would I draw some place I've never been before?

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way." Ms. Blake said awkwardly not expecting Lydia's answers. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like "seeing the whole board."

"Like chess." I hear Stiles say from behind me.

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" She asks him.

"Uh, no. My father does." Stiles tells her. She takes a step forward and stops at my desk. I look up to see her looking at my drawing. A flash of panic shows through her eyes as she looks making me tilt my head. Does she know this place?

I shut the book I was drawing in making her walk away. That was strange. I hear movement from behind me making me look. Scott's leaned over looking at Stiles and I.

"I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk." Scott whispers.

"And why would you want to do that?" I ask.

"The druids are emissaries, right? So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Scott asks us. It makes sense considering a Darach is a dark druid.

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like "what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Actually makes sense to me." Stiles says. "Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."

"What's that?" Scott asks.

"Going through Aiden." I tell him. "They have not left each others side since they have been back."