Night Terror

If you could compare this summer and last summer, it would be vastly different. Last summer, I was a girl trying to get over her long time crush, Scott McCall. I had no idea what I was or what I was capable of. I thought there was no one else like me. Now, I'm completely in love with Scott McCall. I am know as a True Elemental. I now have a new best friend by the name of River who is also a True Elemental. Vastly different scenarios that have changed me completely.

The first half of the summer was spent here in Beacon Hills, but the second half was spent in New York. Not only to see the family members I have grown closer with, but to help myself and River. She came with me. Last time I was in New York, I spent some time with a group known as Gli Aiutanti (The Helpers). They're all from Italian descent, and their goal is to help supernatural creatures very similar to us. They helped me figure out what I was capable of, so I thought it would be a good idea for River to meet them. They could help the both of us, and they did. The both of us definitely had a better grip on our powers. Especially now when they knew what we were.

But that was over now. We were back in Beacon Hills. Senior year started tomorrow, and tonight was senior scribe night. Basically all of the seniors gather in the library and write their initials on the bookshelf. If we could ever get there. Both of River's parents and my dad had to work tonight, so we decided to take a cab from the airport to Beacon Hills. It was going good until there ended up being a huge pileup due to the storms. So we got stuck in traffic, and the cab driver wanted to keep the meter running. There was no way either one of us was going to pay for sitting in traffic, so we made our separate ways. Luckily, we ended up by some sort of park, so we have shelter from the pouring rain. If things couldn't get much worse, phone lines were down, so neither one of us could get service. Stiles was going to kill me. He pestered me all month long making sure that I made it even if I had to walk.

I look over to see River pouting. "Upset you're not going to see your boyfriend?"

"We're not dating." She groaned.

"Yet." I smile. She glares at me. "I'm not going to stop until you two get together. I swear, you're worse that Scott and I."

She scoffed because I had told her the story. "Am not."

"You both know you like each other. You're going to be miserable until you do something about it. Take it from me." I tell her.

She let out a sigh. "What if I mess it up? I've never been in a serious relationship before."

"Before Scott, I haven't had one either. If we're being completely honest, the closest relationship I had was with a guy from fourth grade. I don't even think that counted because I still thought boys had cooties." I let out a laugh. "The best advice I can give you is to not take it so seriously. If you two work together, don't question it. You'll know when to take things serious, and when to just have fun."

All of a sudden, I hear two different bikes coming down the road. I stand up on the table we were sitting on to see a green bike and a black bike making their way towards us. I let out a laugh as I get off the table. "I still can't believe Kai's father got him a bike."

"He still might not be close with his father, but I know he appreciated the gesture." River said. Kai and his father have a similar relationship as Scott and his father. Except leaving for being an alcoholic like Agent McCall, he left his family for another woman. River told me Kai hated his father for what he did, but it did turn out for the best. His mother got remarried to someone who knows how to treat her right. Parrish and Kai even got a cute little sister out of it. Whenever they told me the story, he had shown me a picture of her.