Under the Mistletoe

"Evan? What are you doing here?"

I look up to see Scott staring at me from the doorway. We had just got home from the hell motel a few hours ago, and I wanted to check on Scott. I ended up climbing up the side of the house and sneaking through his window thanks to my newly, mostly controlled powers.

"Relaxing in your comfy ass bed." I said leaning back into the pillows even more. "Do you know how hard it is it get in through you window considering your bed is right under it?"

Scott closes the bedroom door before sitting at his desk. "It wouldn't be that hard if you walked through the front door like a normal person."

"Scotty, I think we both know I'm not normal." I chuckle. I close my hand. When it opens again, a small white flower is sitting in the palm of my hand. I take the flower and toss it at him, watching as it landed at his feet.

Scott picks up the flower before standing up. He walks over towards the bed, laying down and stretching out similar to myself. "You think you're good, huh?"

"I'm not good, I'm great." I say making Scott laugh. "Anyway, to answer your question from earlier. I came by to check on you."

"Evan, I told you I was fine." Scott said while playing with the flower.

"I know. Doesn't mean that I'm still not gonna check on you. You scared the hell out of me. Not once, not twice, but three times." I tell him.

"Three?" Scott looked at me.

I nodded. "You came into my room while I was taking a shower."

"Oh God." Scott said. I laughed at the blush creeping up his neck. "Did I do anything?"

I decide to have a little fun. "What didn't you do?"

Scott's head whipped to look at me. His eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly open. I can't help but burst out laughing at his face. "Relax Scotty. Nothing happened."

Scott let out a breath before calling me a 'jerk' and making me laugh even more. He relaxed once again next to me. We were both quiet for a while before I spoke up again.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask.

"If it's anything embarrassing, no." Scott said making me chuckle.

"No, it's not embarrassing." I said before letting out a deep breath. "Did you mean what you said last night? About you being nothing?"

"I don't know." He says sitting up. "Sometimes I can't help but think that how I was nothing before that bite. I wouldn't have been on first line. I wouldn't have gotten popular and invited to parties."

I sit up as well. "You weren't nothing then are you aren't nothing now. You mean a lot to everyone around you, especially me. You're the light in this dark mess of the supernatural. We all probably be dead if it wasn't for you."

I watch as he looks down at his lap, not responding. I decide this is the time to tell him everything. "I left Beacon Hills to go to New York to get away from everything. I was starting to hate the person I was becoming. Some little teenager with uncontrollable powers and anger issues. While I was there, I thought I was getting over my feeling for you. Looking back on it now, I wasn't forgetting, I was accepting. I accepted what I feel for you won't ever go away. Scott, you mean everything to me. Watching you nearly die twice made me feel like I was dying with you. I would go insane if something like that happened to you again."