Fire and Water

Today, has been a little confusing to say the least. Stiles and Lydia skipped school to try to figure out the last third of the dead pool. They were going to Parrish for help because he was on the second part of the dead pool. Stiles said he didn't know what he was. And I feel like it would be weird if I go up to Kai and ask what kind of supernatural creature his brother is. Scott is MIA looking for Liam. Apparently, him and Mason went on a run, and he lost Liam. He's not answering his phone, and no one has seen him. Kira is also MIA. That leaves Malia and I in school doing what a normal teenager should do. School. I was currently in chemistry. I got that Calum asshole today, and he has not shut up this whole time. I have threatened him about 5 times now, but he won't listen. I was debating on walking out of class and skipping was worth it.

"Evan." I hear a voice whisper. It sounded like Derek, but I don't think he would waste his time here. I look around to see everyone doing their work. "Evan."

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pull it out to see a text from Malia. "Look up."

I do as the text says to see her standing in the hallway. I can see her through the small glass. She motions her hands to follow her. I roll my eyes but pack up my stuff anyway. I stand up and start to walk out of class when Ms. Finch stops me. "Evan do you need to be excused?"

"Yeah." I say with a 'duh' tone. I continue to walk out of the classroom, shutting the door behind me. I look at Malia. "What are we doing?"

"Finding Brett's pack." A voice says. I look over to see Derek standing there. "We need to warn them about the dead pool."

"Why do you need me?" I ask.

"I didn't want to leave you here alone." Malia says.

"Sounds good to me." I smile. "Where do we start?"

"I know a little something about this pack. They have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods. No one's spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than you." Derek explains. He tosses Malia a shirt. "This is Brett's. Breathe it in."

"I'm not good at that yet." Malia says.

"Try it. I'll teach you." Derek says. Malia sniffs the fabric. "Focus on the different scents. Some are tied to identity. Others give off an emotion."

Derek lead us to his car. I hop in the front while Malia gets into the back. Derek drives us to the forest. We get out of the car and make our way into the forest.

"Their Alpha is a woman named Satomi." Derek says. "She's one of the oldest werewolves alive. And she's learned a lot."

"What does that mean?" Malia asked.

"She's a bitten werewolf. Learning control wasn't easy for her. She did something a long time ago that changed her." Derek explained.

"She was with Kira's mom at the internment camp at Oak Creek." I add.

Derek nodded. "The quote is a mantra. It helps them with control."

Malia stops in her tracks. I look at her. "What is it?"

"Gun powder." She answers.

Derek bends down. He picks up a bullet off the ground. "If Brett's pack is out here, I don't think they're meeting. They're hiding."