Chapter 29

"Advith!" Vidhushi whispered. Her heart automatically started beating fast. She immediately came out of the bed and ran towards the door, absent-mindedly. She just wanted to see him as he was so close to her. In the heat of the moment, she missed seeing the furious husband of hers.

As she crossed the threshold of the door, passing by Kunal, she felt a strong pull back and she literally fell on Kunal by hitting her head on his chest.

"You take one step out of this door and I swear on your life, Vidhushi, that I will kill him today." He said in a straight voice.

Vidhushi slowly looked at him, her eyes tearing up. She gulped and remembered her promise of not thinking about Advith anymore.

Nodding furiously, she took a step back and walked inside again.

"Who is Advith?" Kunal's father asked curiously as he witnessed the drama.

"No one important. I will deal with him today once and for all. He sure has grown many balls to step in my city." He said as he took his shotgun from the locker. His anger had no limits today and Vidhushi could see that clearly. Unfortunately, she added to his temper by behaving so immaturely just a few minutes ago.

Vidhushi immediately caught his wrist and knelt down on the floor.

"Please Kunal, don't hurt him. I am yours and everyone knows it. Please don't kill him, please! I won't be able to live with the fact that you killed someone because of me. I would rather die than see this day. I am begging you!" She managed to speak in between her sobs.

"You care for him so much that you are ready to fall on your knees...just to save his a**?" He asked angrily with a sarcastic chuckle.

Vidhushi bowed her head such that the top of the gun touched her head.

"Kunal!" She said desperately. She didn't know how to convince him anymore.

Kunal immediately took the gun away on his other hand in fear of hurting her unintentionally.

"Stand up, Vidhu." He said gently and she did.

Kunal wiped her tear-stained cheeks and dipped to kiss her lips, not caring if his father saw them in this situation. She let him do whatever he wanted.

"I won't hurt him till he behaves." He said and then turned around quickly to leave the room.

Vidhushi managed to calm her breath and heartbeat. Her anxiety rose to the highest level. She trusted Kunal with his words. Now, she just prayed for Advith to not pull any stunt today. She didn't want him to get hurt or worse, murdered.

She ran towards the window and looked out to see a car and two police jeeps on the driveway parked randomly. She murmured all the prayers she knew, begging God to save Advith from Kunal's anger.

Advith might be the most influential man in Kerala. But, today he was here...unarmed probably, in Kunal's den. How couldn't she care for the man who has taken a deep space in her heart?
.
.
.
Kunal came down the spiral staircase and froze for a second after spotting Advith and the two unwelcomed cops, sitting idly on one of the sofas. He walked slowly near Advith who was busy typing on his phone.

"Keep the gun down!" One of the cops immediately spoke as he withdrew his own gun, just in case any bloodshed happens.

That caught Advith's attention and he looked up towards Kunal who was indeed carrying a sleek black gun.

This guy is insane! He thought and forcibly brought a smile on his face and stood up elegantly.

"Hey man! I brought you a wedding gift!" Advith chuckled and raised his hands mockingly. That infuriated Kunal even more. He just wanted Advith to commit one mistake so that he can place a bullet in his head without breaking his promise to his wife.