Chapter 16

"What! You invited her, here?" Advith's friend Rahul exclaimed not believing that his friend would actually invite his crush to his home.

"Yeah! So!" Advith asked as his group of friends laughed at him. He had told them the complete story as to how he was attracted to this particular girl and desired to win her heart, somehow. But, his moron friends were doing everything but help. And he realised it quite late. Now he regretted telling them anything.

His eyes went back to the entrance of his mansion eagerly to see if Vidhushi had arrived. But there wasn't any sign of her yet. He looked at the wall clock that read 7:30 at night and he wondered if she had changed her mind. But, somehow he knew that she wouldn't break her promise. 

He had texted her his address and timing of the party and she had responded quickly with a simple "Okay". And like a teenager, he had looked at that plain text at least ten times and hoped that she would write something more than that. But, she didn't. And, as a gentleman, he didn't bother her beyond that.

"You don't call your girlfriend to your house so soon, you fool!" His other friend, Abhyut, spoke.

"She isn't my girlfriend!" He corrected them. 

"Is our boy blushing!" One of them commented and Advith smacked them playfully while excusing himself from his irritating friends. He didn't know his friends were so bothersome.

Coming out of the boys' circle, he went to talk to his mother who was standing with a group of ladies accepting wishes and gifts.

As he talked to his mother and ladies, he noticed that the surrounding had turned a little silent. He turned around and unintentionally, his eyes moved towards the entrance. There she stood wearing a beautiful maroon coloured saree. He couldn't move his eyes from her as she stood there, looking utterly confused.

Vidhushi looked here and there, hoping to find the person who invited her. She had a small gift-wrapped showpiece in her hand that she had bought for the birthday woman. The house was a sight to see. It was a mix of tradition and modern art. There was a big sculpture of an elephant outside the house, that she had taken her time to appreciate. 

But, when she entered the house packed with so many guests, who looked at her as if an alien had entered, she thought for the reason of their stares. At Kunal's house, she understood the reason for their stares. But here, she couldn't understand. 

However, soon enough she realised why everyone was looking at her from top to bottom. She was overly dressed. She was the only girl of her age who was wearing a saree, that too of such bright colour. All the other girls of her age were wearing gowns or long skirts. The older women wore saree but they were either beige or something light. 

And there she stood as if she wanted to pour colour into the party. She wanted to run away from such stares and scold her mother who advised her to wear such a saree. Why did she even wear a saree! She facepalmed herself internally. 

As she went on with her internal debate, she saw Advith coming towards her. 

She smiled and walked towards him as well.

"Hi!" She greeted.

"Hi! Thanks for coming." He said politely.

She smiled back.

"Nice house!" She commented, not knowing what to say. Why was she out of words, she wondered.

"Nice dress!" He commented back.

She made a face at his comment.

"I know it's too much! I thought it's a family party, so, I should dress up accordingly. But see, I am looking like a torch!" She said, her lips slightly raised.