Chapter 6

"I have never faced such insult in my life!" She heard him say. That confused her though. Why would he feel insulted!

"Good." She replied against all odds.

"My name is not Aditya." He announced.

Vidhushi stilled for a moment before turning towards him.

"Either way, I am not interested." She said. She was still oblivious of the fact that she had referred him with the wrong name.

Without invitation, he walked closer to her.

"Are you always this cold or am I someone special!" He asked.

"That's none of your concern, Aditya. Why are you here?"

"Advith. My name is Advith. But you are free to call me anything."

"Is that supposed to be a line?"

"What do you think?"

"You are horrible in it! Don't try it on anyone else. You'll become a laughing stock."

His pride hurt as it was the first time that he had tried a line on someone.

"I guess you are right! But practice makes a man perfect!" He mumbled.

No response. She took the printout of the spectrum and grabbed her pencil to start analyzing it.

"Come on, Vidhushi! It's rude to ignore someone." He joked while casually sitting on the nearby stool making sure to not pull the nearby lying cords.

"It's also rude to frame an innocent person and make her spend hours in custody."

"I have already apologized for it, Vidhushi. I really feel guilty about it. I shouldn't have judged you."

No reply again.

This really irritated him. She appeared like a challenge to him now. And she hadn't the slightest idea about it. She thought that her silent treatment will make him go away. But, it was working the opposite way.

"Have you forgiven me?" Advith asked, framing a plan in his mind.

"What if I say no." She asked finally turning around and looking at him head-on. He noticed that her eyes were really beautiful. Actually, she was beautiful!

"Then I will have to keep on apologizing until you forgive me." He answered.

"Then, yes. I forgive you." She said and turned around again.

"I don't believe you." He said.

Vidhushi turned around to face him with a confused look in her eyes.

"That is none of my concern." She said.

"Sad! Coz I will have to keep coming to you until I believe that you have forgiven me."

"What do you expect from me? Run around the city with a banner in my hand that says, 'I forgive you'?" She asked with a glare.

Advith couldn't stop himself from chuckling. He actually imagined what she proposed.

"No! All you need to do is accept my coffee proposal." He asked.

Vidhushi looked for a moment in his eyes before turning around.

"No."

"Come on!"

"Advith, please leave before I rudely ask you to. I am really not looking for any kind of social interaction right now." She said.