Chapter 23

Vidhushi woke up with a pounding headache and a chilled room. And she knows that her room is never this chilled.

With great effort, she wiped away the sleep and lowly groaned in pain. With her great ability to remember everything that happened in her drunken state, she immediately stood up.

Forgetting about her headache, she looked around herself. She was in a foreign room that was clean and classy. It was a spacious apartment with white walls and comfy furniture.

Was it Advith's room? She wondered. It was indeed it as she saw a photo framed of him with his parents on one of the walls.

She looked around to see where he was, but he was nowhere in the room. Thinking of it as a good opportunity, she came out of the bed, took her purse and mobile from the table. She was worried about her mother because she had not informed her about her whereabouts. So, she decided to call her and tell her that she will come home soon.

She pressed the power button but the screen didn't light up. She pressed again with no success. She realised that her phone must have been out of power. Keeping it inside her purse, she walked towards the door that looked like the entrance to the apartment. As she opened it, she was stunned in position as she came face to face with Advith.

Advith was about to open the door but it opened automatically before he did. As he saw Vidhushi all set to go out without seeing him, he frowned.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

Vidhushi stared at him for a while contemplating as to what to tell him. She couldn't simply tell him that she was going home early because she wanted to ignore him...ignore what she confessed yesterday.

As she did not speak up immediately, he entered inside and closed the door behind him. Vidhushi stepped back while looking at the floor.

Seeing her attitude, his frown deepened.

"I brought medicines for you." He said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the bed. Making her sit on the bed, he passed on the tablets for hangover and a glass of water from the table.

Vidhushi silently took the medicine and gulped.

"Thank you". She mumbled.

Advith dragged a chair and kept it right in front of her as she sat on the bed. Vidhushi looked at him to see what he wanted to say.

"About what you said yesterday..." He started but she immediately interrupted him. She didn't want to discuss that. That is exactly what she feared. He would stress on her confession and she will have to lie. She knew this. She knew that they both had no future as long as Kunal was in the picture.

"I have to go home, Advith." She said and stood up. But he immediately grabbed her wrist and forced her to sit down. She complied seeing his dominating nature today. It slightly scared as well as surprised her.

"Don't try to run away from me again, Vidhushi." He said.

"I am not." She lied.

He stared at her for a while and when she did not tell the truth, he sighed.

"Why were you running away again?" He asked again.

Vidhushi sighed. Her face fell in sadness.

"Advith. I am sorry for what happened yesterday. I was drunk. And, I know I said a lot of stupid things. Please don't take any of them seriously." She said, trying to convince him to leave the topic of yesterday.

"Stupid things?" He chuckled, sarcastically.

"It wasn't true." She claimed again looking at him.