Chapter 9

"Then why did you agree to this date?" The beautiful girl complained to Advith. As always, Advith's parents had arranged a date with the girl of their choice and he had blurted his true intentions.

"That is because my parents are persistent about me marrying a girl of their choice! As if my choice doesn't matter! This is why I am requesting you to kindly reject this proposal from your side. It will save you from any future comments from society."

"And what about you? I am sure that you have asked the same thing to all the girls who have rejected you in the past. Even I was wondering for the reason of their rejection before coming here."

Advith just shrugged in response. He didn't care about what society thought of him.

"Anyway, now that we are here, would you like to have a drink with me?" Advith asked politely.

"First, you bring me to a club. And now, you are asking me for a drink? You are really daring." She asked in the very same polite voice. Not a tinge of anger was there.

"What's daring about this?" He asked.

"Girls in our society do not drink, Mr. Advith! Nor is it expected of us to go to a club." She replied calmly.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot. Then I am sure you won't dance with me if I ask?"

"Yes. If my mother sees me or anyone else, then I am as good as dead when I reach home."

"Are you afraid of what others might think about you? Or are you genuinely not interested." He asked curiously.

"Both." She answered.

He didn't believe her, though.

"I think, it is better for us to go back now. There isn't anything to discuss anymore." She suggested.

"If we go now, it will create suspicion. Let's wait for an hour and then I'll drop you at your house." He said. "If you aren't comfortable here, we can always go somewhere else!" He suggested.

"No. It's fine. It is the first time that I have been to such a place. I'd rather see it properly." She chuckled.

.

.

.

"Vidhu, you have had enough for the day. Come on, let's go." Kunal said as he grabbed her wrist before she could grab the glass.

"But I had only two shots!" She complained to which Kunal rolled his eyes. She was so intolerant to alcohol that she gets drunk even after 1 shot. Still, she loved drinking occasionally.

Kunal managed to take away the glass from her grasp and made her stand.

"Let's go out in the fresh air." He suggested.

"Good idea." She mumbled and he knew she was getting drunk with the passing minute.

He tried to pull her faster as he knew what happens to her when she gets drunk. Her inner emotions that she always hides from others become too excited that she loses the sanity to speak what is right or wrong.

His pull becomes diverted as he felt a tug at his hand.

"What....." He was about to ask her as to what happened. But, she was already going away from him in the direction of the dance floor.

"Oh, no, no, no!" Kunal mumbled hopelessly.

He could see her reach the dance floor and dance like crazy as she does. She was good at it and the people around her tried to get a chance with her in dancing. In her drunken state, she danced with everyone merrily.