~30~

She took a slow, almost taunting second step towards me, her eyes still unmoving and dead set on me. I suck in a shaky breath through my teeth, knots churning in my stomach as the thick feeling of trepidation seeped into me.

"Susie.."

I spoke slowly, almost hesitantly. I hear her inhale sharply, and exhale softly, her whole body stiff as she crept closer to me.

"Little mouse... I can finally get what my instincts have been clawing at me to take. To see more of your blood, that pained look on your face as I cut into your flesh," she paused momentarily before her voice drops down to a low growl.

"It sets my blood on fire just thinking about it, my heart races knowing that I'm the one who gets to watch you bleed. Who makes you bleed."

I couldn't breathe. I hear the mocking laughter of the Entity echo throughout the cave, my ears ringing painfully as she murmurs twisted words of encouragement to Susie.

"Good, good.."

Good... good... good...

Her voices were repeating in my head, over and over. I cover my ears to try and block it out but it doesn't help. She's fucking with my mind and I can't silence the cruel voices further making the sick churning in my gut intensify.

I'm snapped back into reality when I notice her stop abruptly a few feet in front of me and stumble backwards, shaking her head.

"{Y/N}, you need to get away from me, I-I can't control myself. She's in my head."

Her voice quaked and me being a dumbass, I step forward, bringing me closer to her.

"Susie.. block her out!"

I spoke desperately, the words coming out fast and almost sounding like gibberish. When she shook her head once more, I knew that she managed to understand what I said.

"I.. can't.. she's too strong. {Y/N}, I'm sorry—please. Get away from me."

She panted moving her hands up to her mask and moving it up slightly, exposing her lips. My heart skipped a beat as I could hear her labored breathing clearly, the noises she made no longer being muffled by that mask. My eyes locked onto them, my heart beating faster as I stared.

  "Such nice lips.. I wonder how'd they feel against my own."

I lightly brush my fingertips across my lips, shivers going down my back just imagining it. My face flushed as I blink hard, ripping my gaze off of her and looking down at her hands, which clutched her broken ruler tightly as they trembled, her knuckles bone white.

Was it from fear? Or was it out of anticipation?

She was being pushed to hurt me— to kill me— and the moment I saw part of her face my mind goes blank and I space out as I got lost in my own little fantasy. But it was so hard not to do. It was the first glimpse behind the mask that I've gotten so far.

It made my heart ache.

She steps forward, her lips parted slightly as she breathed through her mouth. I saw a shiny glint and noticed that she had braces. I smile slightly, stepping forward as she continues to move closer to me. Anything new I could learn about her, I'd do so eagerly. My mind soaks up every small detail that I can get from her, and I want to know more. I needed to know more about her.

She's now in front of me, and I raise my hand up towards her face to gently touch the part of her jaw that was exposed from whenever she had lifted her mask.

Slicee.

A searing pain went through my hand and I cried out, jerking my arm back and stumbling a couple of shaky steps away from her. I grab my wrist and look down at my hand, hot tears brimming in the corners of my eyes and blurring the bloody sight of my palm.

It gushed out of my palm like a crimson waterfall, flowing messily down my wrist and hand, dripping down onto the stone beneath me.

Drip. Drip, Drip...

My ears didn't pick up anything but the horrid sound of the droplets hitting the hard ground, soft echoes coming from it. It was like the sound of it was amplified.

"It's her.. she's trying to drive me crazy isn't she?"

I thought, and saw something in my peripheral vision. I looked up to see Susie's arm raised above me, those once soft lips now upturned into a malicious smile as she swung down violently.

I shrieked out in alarm and clumsily lurch to the side, but it wasn't nearly fast enough. The jagged edges of the ruler tear through the skin on my cheek, and I quickly feel the sting of it followed by warm liquid spilling down the side of my face. I gently touch it as I try to steady myself back on my feet.

It didn't feel that deep. Not as bad as my hand, at the very least.

She hissed in agitation at me moving away from her attack, and whips around to face me, her teeth bared slightly at me in an animalistic manner.

Black spots began to cloud my vision and I start to pant, my lungs and throat feeling constricted. I look at her the around the large cavern. It looked smaller than I remembered it to be and seemed as if it were only growing smaller by the second. I blink rapidly, but the darkness still clouds my vision.

She lunges again and I move to the side. I hear a tearing noise and see that she only had ripped the sleeve to my shirt.

"Why are you still playing with her? I know you can do much better."

The Entity's whispers echoed throughout the cave and Susie inhales sharply, looking ready to pounce once more.

"I just want to play with my food a bit before I finish it, that's all."

She growled and I felt a stab at my heart.

"It."

The single word rings in my mind. She didn't even refer to me as a person. She saw me as an object.

No— worse than an object.

She saw me as prey.