~10~

As we try to navigate our way towards the shack, the masked girl's voice suddenly rings through my head. I look up in realization, as I was watching my feet the whole time we walked, and I quickly turn to Steve in excitement.

"Steve! I- My name!"

I say loudly and he slaps his hand over my mouth. I glare at him, the profanities I tried to direct towards him all muffled by his hand. He glares back and shushes me, slowly moving his hand.

"Yeah. Sunshine. Look, I know you don't like being called that, but deal with it."

He spoke in a hushed tone, rolling his eyes and I suppress an annoyed groan. Instead, I let out a quiet huff, clenching my fist.

"Not my nickname, dumbass, my actual name! It's {Y/N}!"

I whispered loudly, and he hums after a few moments of silence. My excitement slowly seeps out of me and I sigh, kicking some snow.

"That's cool and all, but what's cooler is the fact that I'm still gonna call you Sunshine."

He states, smirking. I roll my eyes at him, and mutter.

"Dumbass."

He clicks his tongue.

"That's me, Sunshine."

I fume silently, not saying anything else to him.

"What a frustrating guy. I thought remembering who you were was some important event!"

I thought bitterly, but I couldn't stay mad at him.

It's Steve for fuck's sake, and who could stay mad at him?

After what felt like hours of careful walking and crouching around, the shack could be seen through the fog. In reality, it probably only took about twenty minutes, but time felt as if passed so slowly.

"Looks like we're here."

He mumbled, looking over his shoulder at me.

"Let's see if he's still... well... alive."

For some reason, we enter through the window, rather than either of the two doorways.

"What is it with these people and not walking through doors?"

I haul myself through the window, struggling to pull myself over. Steve turns and looks at me with a raised brow.

"Really?"

"Shut up."

I pant as I finally make it through, nearly slamming my face against the old wooden floor as I fall inside. This one for some reason felt taller than the one at the other building.

Either that or I was just exhausted.

Or maybe just not athletic at all.

"There were two fucking doors Steve."

He stares at me.

"Two. Fucking. Doors."

I repeat, growling through clenched teeth, and staring daggers into him.