~40~

As we begin walking out the gate, I notice that I don't hear Susie's footsteps behind me, and turn around to look at her, tilting my head in silent question as to why she is still standing there unmoving. I slow my walking and come to a stop, which also causes Nea and Claudette to stop and look at me in confusion. I then see their eyes widen slightly as they look from me to her. I furrow my brows, but don't ask what's wrong, and simply just turn my attention back to Susie.

"Susie?... Let's go."

I gently urge, trying to get her to come forward, to walk with us, but she starts shaking her head. She looked extremely uncomfortable— which I could understand, as she was now deep in the presence of the same people she had killed many times before.

Did she think they were going to attack her if she stepped in?

I purse my lips, my eyebrows furrowing at the thought, and I go towards her and grab her hand, pulling her behind me through the gate, and into their camp. They'd have to get through me if they wished her any harm.

"Wait— {Y/N}! I can't— huh?"

Susie stumbled over her words, and came to a halt, causing me to stop and nearly fall back at the force of the stop.

"What the fuck?"

Nea shouts, looking puzzled as she stared at Susie, who was staring at the ground, then behind her back into the gate.

"I don't understand..."

Susie's voice came out in a hoarse whisper, her eyes holding many questions as she slowly looked up at me. I wasn't sure if I had the answer to any of them, but the lost look on her face made me want to hold her. To tell her everything was fine and give her reassurance. But the pit in my stomach kept me from doing so, knowing we weren't alright just yet— not until we found a way to escape here.

"That's not suppose to happen— how is she even in here?"

I turn to see Dwight, along with a good amount of the other survivors gathered behind him, watching the current event before them unfold in awe.

"What's not supposed to happen? What's going on?"

I ask, confusion digging in deeper and slowly starting to claw underneath my skin in frustration. I wanted someone to say something, give me some sort of information on why everyone was silently losing their shit— besides there being someone who used to brutally kill them against her will walking right into their safe place— but she was free now, wasn't she? It's not like she'd go into a feral frenzy and start slicing all of them them up, she's her own person.

"I don't think that spider bitch is able to reach her anymore. Hopefully."

I thought, slightly worried that something might happen to Susie— worried that we weren't as safe as we originally thought. I wondered if Vigo and the Observer knew we were still here, if the knowledge that we didn't get out had reached them yet. I hear Dwight clear his throat, and i'm snapped out of my daze, looking up at him wide-eyed.

"I-I'm sorry?"

I stammered the question out, realizing that he had spoken and I wasn't paying attention. He lets out a heavy sigh, his disappointment clear in that simple action.

"I said that it's not possible for the Killers to pass through the gate and into our camp ground. The Entity had always blocked them whenever they got too close. So," he motions towards a tense looking Susie, "this is a shock to all of us. To see her here."

I sucked in a breath through my teeth as the information processed through my brain, the rusty gears slowly turning.

"So," I say slowly, "she's officially on our side now?"

I look from Dwight to Susie, who shifts her stance slightly, staring down at her feet as she nudges the earth beneath her with the toe of her sneaker.

"Or... she's not blocking any of us from entering your camp anymore."

{A/N}:
Short chapter i know i know, i got a job recently and my brain kinda sucks when it comes to wanting to write, but i hope y'all know how much i appreciate each and everyone one of you. i can't believe we are almost at 100k reads :")