~33~

It felt like it had been hours upon hours of her and I acting like his lab rats, drinking small bits of "potions," rubbing salves made of god knows what onto our skin, saying phrases and words in some language that was most likely Latin. I let out a frustrated groan, wondering when it would end or if anything would help and then flopped onto my back. Instant regret. As soon as I heard the sharp thud of my head smashing against the floor and feel pain swiftly spread throughout the back of my skull, I immediately regret my decision.

"Trying to die already?"

Vigo turns and asks, his eyebrows raised and amusement glittering in his eyes. Susie looks at me and purses her lips together, looking like she was trying not to smile at my stupidity. I could see the concern in her eyes and almost melted.

"Now why would you do that on hard tile?"

She teases, finally letting her smile break through. A smile slowly makes its way to my lips at the sight of her face, and I look at Vigo, who was flipping through an old, worn book.

"Maybe I don't want to swell to the point my insides explode if he gives us some weird shit. I figured a head injury would be a better way to go." 

I mutter in embarrassment as I push myself back up into a sitting position. Vigo gives me a pointed look and rolls his eyes as if I had just said the stupidest thing that he's ever heard.

"I'm not giving you the Blighted Serum, I'm not Talbot for fucks sake. I don't care that he's extremely intelligent, his mother should of swallowed him."

He spat out drily, venom lacing his tone. Okay, so he really hated this dude. He whips back around and began to mix some liquids and powders, the substance he was working on changing color as he continued to tweak it. Susie noticed my curious look and sits down next to me, murmuring in my ear.

"Talbot is another killer known as the Blight. The mad scientist type, likes to inject his victims with his little serum and cause them to turn inside out. Not the prettiest sight. He's done it to some of the other Hunters."

I raise my eyebrows as she paused, nibbling on her lower lip. My eyes flick down to her mouth before returning to her eyes. Then down once more.

"Is my attraction really the Entity's doing? She may have started all of this but... fuck."

I thought, tearing my gaze away from her lips and back towards her eyes. She must've noticed my stare, as her speckled cheeks were now a soft rosy shade.

"So um... anyways.. what's next on the list?"

She asked Vigo, seeming distracted as she averted her eyes away from me. He lets out an irritated grunt in reply, continuing to focus on his task at hand.

"Dick."

She grumbled back, and if he heard her, then he didn't give any indication of it. I hum as I glance around the laboratory. There was a lot of space in here, and much of it was already taken up with whatever important information and objects he kept hidden away from the Entity's prying claws. I noticed a tall, mahogany double door on one of the "cleaner" sides of the lab, and my interest spikes. I was dying for something else to do, even if it was only for a little bit.

"Instead of sitting here and waiting for you to finish whatever that is, can we just go and explore a bit?"

He glanced over his shoulder at me, pursing his lips. He hesitates before momentarily looking like he wanted to object, but just lets out a tired sigh.

"I suppose. You two have been sitting here for awhile. After testing the one i'm working on, I may just take a break myself. Just... don't touch anything that looks like you shouldn't be touching it, got it?"