02.

The ground beneath him was hard and bumpy, digging uncomfortably in an odd space of his back and his leg was twisted at a painful angle. "Hey, i think he's waking up! See, his leg just moved," the small voice- who he's assuming belongs to a child because, if not then that's embarrassing- had snapped him out of his thoughtful state. Even though his entire body was shouting at him not to, curiosity sparked when he heard the strange accent the boy held and his mouthed moved for him, "why does your voice sound weird?" His voice was deep and gravelly (probably from dehydration) he heard shuffling and a few badly repressed squeals after he spoke, not moving a muscle in his body.
"Chuck, chuck you need to calm down or ill have to send you to the med shack," another deeper voice spoke, he could tell whoever it was held authority and unfortunately for him, they had the same accent as the child - chuck, apparently.

"Right sorry Alby." Alby. Chuck. He huffed and finally moved to sit up, cold metal tapping his ankle as he twisted his legs to bring them up to his chest. "Am i going to get an answer to my question then or..." he let the sentence drift off to let them fill in the silence with the answer he was hoping for.
"It's not really us that sounds weird greenie, its you, you sound a bit like this other guy newt, he works in the gardens and he's really nice and-" he put his right hand up to stop the boy from speaking. Chuck. Short, light skin. pudgy, brown curly hair, hyper. Alby. Tall. Dark skinned, broad, closely shaven hair, calm and authoritative. His mind did an automatic evaluation once he looked at them properly.
"No offence, but i dont really care about this guy, i want you to tell me the answers to my next questions. 1: where am i? 2: where am i right this second? 3: how many people are there? I saw a lot of you earlier. 4: how long was i out? 5: who knocked me out? (for research purposes obviously) and 6: how do i leave?" The two boys in front of him - if in front of you counts as sitting above you and behind bars, he mentally added- were quiet for a bit after he stopped speaking, debating what to and not to tell him. "Well?" He asked impatiently.
Alby put a fist to his mouth and cleared his throat, " i can give you some answers but you'll have to wait for the tour to hear the rest," he gave a flourish of his hand to signal 'go on', "this is the glade, you're currently in the pit, I'll take you to the med shack to get looked over later, there's a lot, we lost count after a while, you've only been out a couple hours and I'm DEFINITELY NOT going to tell you who knocked you out. You see greenie -"
"What the hell is a greenie?!"
"A greenie is the newest person, chuck was our last greenie. As i was saying before you interrupted me: we have 3 main rules here. 1. Never go outside the Glade, unless you are a Runner. 2. Never hurt another Glader. You have to trust each other and lastly, 3. Everyone does their part. No slackers. Got it?"
"Yeah got it, don't hurt anyone," he put his hands up as if surrendering. Alby looked at him funnily causing him to grunt out a 'what?'.
"Do you... do you remember your name? Who sent you up here? Anything?"

He furrowed his brows, pulling his face into a frown, the look of deep concentration and slight confusion etched upon his features - the way his nose scrunched up, causing it to hook slightly, his startling, clear green eyes glazed over and moved to the bottom-right of his vision, his pursed lips shifting every so often when he pulled the bit of skin he was biting off the inside of his cheek. "No." He said after a couple moments of silence, his throat tightened slightly though he was careful not to show it, "why don't i remember?" His voice was calm yet slightly.
"None of us remember anything when we first come up, your name comes back to you later, but other than that we," he started to struggle getting his words out, " other than that w-we never get our memories back," he had almost forgotten that chuck was there until he spoke up again, his eyes softened as he looked over the boy and the sadness he was trying so hard to hide as he spoke the harsh truth. He was the last greenie, he probably still hasn't adjusted.
"Oh. That sucks. Can i go now?" He tried to stand up before chuck spoke again.
"You don't seem that bothered. Confusion was blatant in his tone, he shrugged and stood up again.
"I'm not, something's telling me i don't want to remember. And since i don't then I'm completely fine with it." Both boys frowned at this but neither pressed further.
"So... can i go now?"
"Yeah, ill take you to the med shack now," Alby stood up from his crouched position and opened the wooden bars, he pulled himself up by his arms much like he did hours before and he got the strange feeling of pulling himself out of the pool. When he blinked it was gone and he decided to ignore it as he wiped the dirt off his clothes with his hands.

As the walked over to the med- shack he took a look around, a cold sensation hitting his ankle every time he took a step. There were high concrete walls surrounding a considerably large space, boys walked around the place, often staring at him as he walked passed, some in curiosity others with slight anger, he heard the faint sound of animals squealing and shouts. The heat from the sun dampened slightly as the walked into the not- so- greatly constructed wooden hut he guessed was the med- shack. "Jeff?! I brought the greenie for you!" Alby called out and shortly afterwards a slightly shorter black boy walked out out the previously closed door, he smiled upon seeing him, even though he was standing in a way that emitted aggressive body language, his smile was sweet and slightly infectious, if he was anyone else he may have found himself smiling back, however his eyes lost their slight glare. "Remember his name yet?" Jeff, average height, very dark skinned, calm, funny and gentle.
"No. Just check him over and send him back to me for the tour later. Also, when newt's done can you send him to me, i need his help doing a stock-take of our supplies please."
"Sure thing Alby." Alby turned to him and patted him on the shoulder before saying goodbye and promptly leaving the hut. Jeff turned to look at him and started walking back towards the door he came out of moments before. "Come on greenie!" He called over his shoulder. Hesitantly, he followed after him.

The room was lighter than the hallway they were just in and medical equipment was hung upon the walls. "You're done now newt," another boy spoke. His voice was gruff yet held a cheerful tone, he was slightly tanned and muscly. "Thanks Clint," he looked over to the boy he was treating, after once again doing a brief evaluation of Clint. He was blond and skinny, however his simple white tank top gave view to his toned arms, he had soft brown eyes that had caught the sunlight peaking through the window, his voice was light and -thankfully for him, contained the same accent he held himself, he thought he was going to go insane with the annoying sound of everybody else's accents- his eyes settled on the bruise that had formed on his jawline. He subconsciously smirked, realising it was he who had caused it. The boy narrowed his eyes in a glare when he saw this, Jeff stepped in, sensing the tension, "newt, Alby wanted me to tell you he wants you for stock-take when you were done," so this was newt. Newt took his eyes off of the boy and placed them on jeff's frame and nodded his head, while his gaze was elsewhere, he looked him up and down noticing the way newt placed all his weight onto one leg and his eyes held the cautioned look of someone who had seen and experienced too much. Newt turned around and started to walk out, he turned around and pointed to his foot, "your ankles bleeding by the way greenie," he spoke with dislike obvious in his voice and carried on limping out of the room.

"Shit he's right, do you want me to start with that before i check you over?" Jeff asked as he led him over to a bed to sit on. His gut screamed at him to refuse so he did, trusting himself and whatever warning he was giving himself, "no thanks, ill check on it later," he felt the cold pressure on the bone of his ankle again. Jeff looked at him curiously but let it go and carried on his duties. He turned his head to look at the door, he didnt know why, it was as though he expected to see someone walk back through it, he shook his head and focused back on what Jeff was doing as he rummaged through medical cabinets. "You excited for the bonfire greenie?"
"What bonfire?"

Unedited.