11.

Trigger warning: mentions of verbal abuse- no specifics but it does show the affect it has on someone-, physical violence, slight mentions of scissors, someone is getting their hair cut and are afraid so the scissors are mentioned (i wasn't sure if this would trigger someone but it might so just in case). If anyone does get triggered by these things and would like to know what happens, please tell me and i will summarise it for you. Also, remember that your triggers are 100% valid and it is okay to be affected by things.

— AS he sat, cross legged on the bumpy floor, taking notice of all the words and drawing that had been carved into the walls with other boy's fingers, he found himself unbothered by his current whereabouts. He didnt enjoy being in the slammer, dont get him wrong, but he didnt regret the actions that brought him into the poorly dug out hole.
That scum-bag deserved it. How dare he? He had no right, absolutely fucking none.

. . . .

Work was going slowly, no one was injured, the only patient they'd had was zart coming in claiming that he'd 'twisted his wrist'. However, when apollo checked it, there was nothing wrong with it, and sent him off back to the gardens, left confused with the giggles of his friends. And so he sat on one of their medical beds, swinging his feet slightly due to boredom.  Staring at the wall had taken over his mind, he didnt know how much time had gone by when jeff and clint told him it was time for their lunch. They had said that they would join him later.
we have stuff to do, they had said.
Although jeff had looked at bit confused by his own words. And so apollo had almost decided to simply sit in his tree for the hour until he saw a boy sat alone at a table. He normally wouldnt have gone over to talk to him, not really knowing more caring for the boy until he saw him adjust something under his shirt. He looked uncomfortable in the way people do when they're in pain or something isn't sitting right. Something clicked in Apollo's mid which led to him walking over to the boy.

"Would you like me to cut your hair?" He didnt say hello to the boy when he sat down, simply putting his tray on the table and sat. The boy looked flustered and scared, having obviously have heard things about apollo. He knew what they said about him. That boy Jackson what his face from the bonfire- the rude one who's name he couldn't fully remember, just that it began with a 'j'- had been spreading things about him.  Apparently apollo was a serial killer/ assassin/ gang leader who was sent by the creator to spy on the gladers and could and would kill you with some dental floss if he didnt like the way you looked at him. Most boys didnt believe the stupid rumours he tried to convince them with, however they all felt the eeriness that seemed to follow him, there was something off, he was capable of becoming a danger. Apollo found it all absurd, he had no memory of his past life so even if he was a serial killer, all of his triggers and experiences that would've made him so would have been forgotten during the memory wipe.

"Urm- I- erm, what?"
"Would you like me to cut your hair? Unless you're trying to grow it out, it looks a bit too long and I'm sure i could cut it better than the lat person."
"I cut my hair last time." The boy spoke barely above a whisper, his face chalk white with fear.
"Okay, and?" The boy shrugged, not offended by what apollo was saying, just too afraid to not speak at all, in case that set him off. "Look, do you want me to cut your hair for not? Because if you do, then i can cut it now, but if you dont, then that's it."
The boy stuttered his way through a 'yes please' and stood up when apollo told him to, following the 'scary' boy to the medshack.

"Sit here," apollo had taken out a stool from underneath the desk that clint and jeff usually worked at and placed it in the middle of the room, close enough to a bed that he could reach over and pick up any equipment he needed. The boy practically sprinted to sit down, afraid of what would happen if he didnt.
"How do you like it?"
"With the top near my temples and the sides like- a centimetre short," he stuttered through his sentence, using his hands to try to demonstrate what it was he wanted in particular.
"Okay, i can do that," he lent over to get his scissors, "keep your head as still as possible."
The boy let out a frightened whimper as he felt the scissors come close to his head, apollo paused immediately.
"What's wrong?" He tried to soften his voice slightly, not really sure how to do it on purpose.
"Please dont hurt me."
"What's your name shaggy?" He pulled the scissors away from the boys hair and felt him relax.
"Josh."
"Okay, josh, I'm not doing this unless you feel comfortable with it. I'm not going to hurt you, i know about the rumours Jackson or whatever his name is spread-"
"Jason," josh interrupted, regretting it when apollo stilled for a second.
"Yeah, Jason, absolute wanker, anyway, i know he spread those rumours but, from what i remember, none of those are true. Now, would you still like me to cut your hair?" Josh's shoulders had dropped from where they stood, so high up in fear, and he was finally taking more stable breathes.
"Yes please."

Apollo didnt know why he was so sure of himself as he started to cut josh's hair, he felt a simple sense of familiarity, he was calm, at peace. Nostalgia couldn't be stopped by amnesia, he still experienced it, like when you smell something that reminds you of your childhood although you cant quite place where its from.
"Do you like it?" He handed josh a mirror after he was done, watching as he inspected his freshly cut hair with a smile on his face. Josh flicked his eyes up to apollo, only to find him looking at him with the corner of his lips pulled up slightly.
"Now go back to your job before blondie comes and yaps at ya."
Before josh could leave the room apollo called out to him. "Josh, if you tell anyone anything i told you while we were here, ill fill your bed with shit."
Josh nodded, knowing that apollo was a softie hiding it, yet that he would keep his threat.

Apollo was about to leave the med shack to find his friends when jeff showed up at the door. "There you are, been wondering when you'd bloody show up, where's clint?"
He took one look at jeff's anxious stance and felt his body go rigid. "You need to come with me, quick. It's chuck."
That was all that was needed for apollo to sprint after jeff, picking up a pair of scissors as he went, he knew that if chuck was hurt he would've been brought here- he was in trouble.

Once he'd heard the faint sound of the commotion, apollo sprinted towards the sound. He was sure that his legs shoudl've been burning and giving up on him but the adrenaline was keeping him running faster than he ever had, taking over jeff and heading for the crowd that was nearing in his eyesight. His mind was set on one thing- chuck.

Apollo wasn't the last one there, in fact, beside the culprit and his scumbag friends, there were only a few people starting to crowd around the boys. Jason was stood facing the side of a poorly constructed building, his friends standing around him in a loose circle, in a protective manner. One boy was holding newt back from charging in to stop it. When apollo saw chuck his stomach dropped. Seeing chuck, cowering in a  ball against the building while Jason took jabs at him, verbally abusing him, seemed to flip a switch in Apollo's mind. Just like that day at the wall, his mind went straight to autopilot, his body tensed up, his hands curled into fists, his legs kept themselves a certain distance apart as he took menacing steps towards Jason to keep him steady, his eyes narrowed, pupils becoming larger to darken his eyes, eye brows pulled down to a deep frown.
As though they could sense his unbridled rage as he made his way toward Jason, an aura of fury surrounding him.
He didnt even bother to threaten him, taking a hold of his shirt and pulling him face his only to punch him in the jaw. He didnt let go of Jason's shirt, using it to keep the piece of shit in place as he punched him over and over and over again.
"Apollo! You need to stop! Apollo!" Newt's voice rang out, he was the only person not stood in silence, everyone was stood in horror at the sight of Apollo's vicious brutality.
"That's right, you listen to your boyfriend." As if the fuckhead hadn't had enough of Apollo's rage, he opened his stupid mouth, insulting newt as well as chuck, the first time he'd been able to say anything since apollo took hold of him.
"You need to shut the fuck up, you dont say shit like that to newt and especially not to chuck," he kicked him in the knee, causing him to fall to the floor. Seizing the brilliant opening, apollo kicked him in the stomach, punching him in the face as he alternated between the two.

When newt finally got passed the boys holding him back, Alby had arrived and the two struggled to pull apollo away from the battered boy, groaning and crying on the floor. "Apollo you need to stop, this isn't okay. We'll deal with him but you need to stop hurting him first." Alby tried to reason with him, using his strength to keep the boy from returning to his punch bag as he writhed and strained against their hold.
"Apollo, look at chuck. Look at what this is doing to him, this is hurting him." Those words cleared his mind as he looked over to the boy, he was curled into himself, sobbing and holding his head. It was as though apollo was finally back in the driver's seat, he spat on the boy lying on the ground infront of him and composed himself, his back straight, remnants of his anger still clinging to his aura. He stopped struggling against Alby and newt's hold, letting them guide him away from the scene, but as Jason was pulled up from the floor, they made eye contact and Apollo's lips curled into a menacing, bloodthirsty grin. The terror on Jason's face kept a smirk on his face as they led him to the slammer.

"I'm glad i did it," he spoke quietly to newt as he was about to walk away. Newt turned around to face him, the way that he looked at apollo hadn't changed, even after he almost beat the boy to a pulp. Apollo was thankful, he didnt want newt to look at him with fear or disgust, he just wanted him to see him.
"I'm glad you did too."
It was as though a piece of them had been exchanged as they looked at each other with a thoughtful silence.
"Goodnight moon-boy."
"Goodnight sunshine."

Unedited