17.

Apollo had been under the assumption that his nightmare wouldnt continue into the next night. He shifted his body a few times to get comfortable before drifting off to sleep. His sleep was contaminated with flashes of horror-filling memories once again, except this time it was a clearer image and the 'picture' was more crisp. He awoke once again, covered in sweat and the feeling of fear buried under his skin, making him want to claw at it just to un-bed this foul feeling.

As he headed to breakfast, he attempted to collect himself: regaining his posture and clearing his mind as much as he could and hoped that no one would notice the ever-growing dark circles beneath his eyes. No one did. Newt would've. But he hadn't arrived. That was another thing keeping him awake last night, before he had fallen asleep his mind had been filled with thoughts of the kiss as his stomach erupted with butterflies.

He found himself unable to concentrate on the conversation that had been started at their table, zoning in and out, only hearing bits and pieces. He had, however noticed, that since the trials the tables surrounding their own had been vacated, others now crowded. Yet their's had become crowded also as zart, josh and a boy apparently named Christian sat with them now. Christian was a friend that chuck had made recently as they were both sloppers. Apollo hoped that newt would join them as well.

After a few more minutes of conversation, the blonde boy finally came over to their table. Upon seeing him, energy ran through apollo, the world around him becoming more vibrant and he found himself able to listen to the words that were spoken.
"Hey mates," he spoke as he put his lunch on the table. The other boys greeted him and resumed speaking.
"Hi." Apollo's voice was unusually soft. He had turned his head to speak to newt as he sat beside him.
"Hi."
"Can we talk later?" Apollo didn't understand why he felt so nervous, he'd spoken to newt before, though it was mostly insults.
"Sure." They spoke no more for the rest of the day but apollo was filled with comfort, able to focus again.

A/n: SO. HEY GUYS. IM NOT DEAD! Sorry its been such a long time and its a really short chapter but i genuinely cannot write anything rn. I have NO ideas and no ability. Plus my new obsession still hasn't gone away and it takes up so much time like- jesus.
Please eat adn drink and look after yourself. <33