10.

—"So, do you want to talk about it?" Clint asked as newt avoided his gaze. They were sat on clint's bed, his thick blanket hastily thrown over the top of his mattress to give some form of cleanliness. The blonde boy picked at the corner of his thumbnail in slight anxiety- he had felt relief for finally acknowledging his feelings and for also being able to say it out loud, however, he was still new to thinking about apollo in this way, let alone speaking about it. It filled his with nerves.
"Urm... yeah, i just need to-"
"Yeah, i understand, take your time, man." Newt took a deep breath, collecting his thoughts and preparing himself.
"I just. I thought," another deep breathe, " i thought i hated him. His stupid face, his stupid eyes... i built my resentment purely off the fact that he punched me in the face and then... everything he did, every taunt, every word just built it up. I thought the feelings i felt for him- the ur... the warmth in my chest, the goose bumps, the nervousness around him- i thought they were all contempt, hate, dislike, whatever!" Newt took a deep breathe, finally feeling better after speaking the truth.
Clint looked at newt and spoke with nothing but patience in his voice, "do you feel better after speaking about it?"
"Yeah"
"Do you just want me to just have listened and comfort or do you want advice?"
Newt ran a hand through his hair and thought for a second. "Right now i think i just want comfort, but, if its all right it's you, i was wondering if i might come to you for advice later on?"
"That's totally fine!"
"I dont want you to do anything you dont feel comfortable with though."
"Newt, I'm totally fine with it, I'm here for you."
"Thank you mate."

They both sat in a comfortable silence for a few seconds, their body language relaxed and slightly tired, until clint turned to newt with a small grin on his face. "Do you reckon we should mess with him?"
"What do you mean?" Newt's face was scrunched up in confusion.
"Well, we could have fun with it, push his buttons until he explodes-of course we'd have to have some subtle tests first, just to see if it'll work, and as time goes on, you become less and less subtle and see how he reacts... if he reacts." The small grin on clint's face had evolved into a full blown smirk of mischief. This plan appealed to newt, he found himself intrigued, his doubts pushed aside slightly by the idea of Apollo's reactions.
"Okay... I'm in, plus, we can play it off as a way to get under his nerves, to piss him off, if it goes wrong." Clint radiated excitement, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

- - - - - -

Apollo was sat at his usual table with jeff, chuck, and clint, who kept looking over his shoulder every few seconds, pursing his lips to hide a smile when he did so. Apollo brushed it off, clint was a strange person, especially the past few days. Chuck was telling him about his most recent dream, i mean the kid had the weirdest dreams. "And then i was running, like- really fast and this cheetah just came out of no-where and was running with me and then this huge tunnel was infront of us and we ran through it and then when we got through to the other side, the cheetah was purple and then these baby cheetahs were in fron of us, so we stopped running and i got to pet the babies and they were really fluffy and i named one-" chuck spoke, hyper and ecstatic, his words fumbling over each other and slurring together at times, stopping suddenly and looking above Apollo's head. Apollo felt his hairs stand on end a second before chuck's sentence ended, leaving him feeling the need to do a little shiver.
"-oh hey newt!"
Apollo felt his head jerk upwards involuntary before he quickly brought it back down, making sure to keep his eyes straight forward. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up.
"Hey chuck, what're you guys talking about?"
"I was telling them about my latest dream!" For some reason apollo was sure he could feel the boy behind him nod slightly.
"That's cool chuck! I was just wondering, earlier some of the guys had realised that most of us have this mole thing on our arms and they wanted me to ask if its a medical thing or whatever?" It felt like he was standing closer and closer and apollo was like- this close to having to hold his breath.

"I dont know, it could be, where is it meant to be?" He was leaning over, he was definitely leaning over. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Newt had a smile smile on his face as he heard the audible in-take of breath and no exhale and decided to place his hand on Apollo's shoulder to 'steady himelf' as he looked over at clint's arm, not seeing the-mark-that-doesnt-exist. "Oh yeah, you've got it too!" His hand's on my shoulder, his hand's on my shoulder, his hand's on my shoulder.
"Do you have one? Polly?" Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit!! Newt's face was now turned right next to his, apollo stubbornly not turning his head, his hand removed from his shoulder, leaving the skin where it touched prickling burning slightly, his other hand propping himself up against the table as his body got slightly closer to the black-haired boy. Apollo's hand curled into a half-fist as he clutched onto the edge of the table so tightly that his buckles turned white, as though he was trying to bend the table. Oh my actually fucking god, he's so close, his face is RIGHT THERE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!
"Urm... i uh, i dont t-think so," his voice was shaky as he tried to spit out his words, thankful that he found his voice the second time, having only spoken air the fist try. His face began to feel alarmingly warm and his hands felt shaky, his breaths were incredibly shallow. He wasnt sure why he felt like he wasnt able to breathe..

"Oh, well maybe its like a you do or you dont thing?" Newt moved back from his position, shrugging his shoulders and putting his hands in his pockets. The air cleared around apollo and he inhaled, it was like a bubble of polluted air around him had been popped and new, lovely air had finally become available.
"You know i think you may have been right about that thing you wanted me to do!" Apollo turned his head so fast it was a miracle he didnt get whiplash.
"What thing?" Apollo's face was almost completely void of the red that previously occupied his face.
"Just this thing, i didnt think it'll work but it did, i think I'm going to start doing it."
"Wow! Because that not vague at all!" The sarcasm that he really could've used a few seconds ago had finally returned to apollo.
"You know what?" Newt leaned in close once more and the blush bloomed across his face again.
"Urm... i ur"
"I have to get back to work. And you do too. Ill see you later!" And with that newt walked away, only after leaving clint with a smirk and apollo flustered and confused.

A/n: yall i got a girlfriend!!!!!!! Yayyyy!!!! And she's really cool as well!!
Please tell me if there are any errors.
Also, i hope you enjoy the chapter, it wasnt what i had in mind for this chapter but i decided that if i followed my original plan then the book would happen way too fast for my liking so i decided to draw out the process and make the romance burn slightly slower and so this chapter was born! I'm also doing space in science, which i love, so we got to watch The Martian and every time Sebastian Stan came on, even for a second, i would turn to my friend, smiling like a mad man and kept hitting her arm. I'm not even embarrassed.

Please eat and drink, look after yourself, if you need someone to talk to you can talk to me, i open Wattpad at least once a day.
-cas