13.

TRIGGER WARNING: BRIEF MENTION OF GUNS, ILLNESS AND INJECTIONS. MENTIONS OF BEING BRAINWASHED, ANMESIA AND DROWNING. PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED A SUMMARY, DO NOT TRIGGER YOURSELF. YOU ARE ALL VALID.

The last thing he saw before he fell asleep was the moon.

And then he dreamt.

She ran her hands down her ponytail, her amber eyes trained on him.A warm smile rested upon her lips as she looked at her son play on a console, swinging his hips and waving his arms too late to get the points, he turned to look at her and gave her a smile that almost split his face in half.

. . .

"Mama! Tell me another story!" He jumped up and down on his blue bed, his mother stood in front of him, looking at him lovingly.
"Promise to sleep after?" He nodded his head enthusiastically and scrambled under the covers to show her wouldnt break his promise. "Okay okay alright. How about i tell you the story of your name?"
"Yes yes!"
"Okay," she ran her hands through his hair, pursing her lips and tapping her chin with a finger as she pretends to try to remember, "my father, your grandad, was called Michael. He loved the stars. They absolutely fascinated him. He would stay up late at night even when he was a boy to watch the moon and the stars, sneaking out when there was a meteor shower. He lived his whole life, learning and observing the night sky. He knew that while he was a man of earth, his heart was a man of space. It's where he belonged." Young apollo watched his mother intently, his eyes wide as saucers, never leaving her face.
"And then, when he had me, he named me Rosalind- it's one of Uranus' moons," her son began to giggle," i know, they didnt think that one through. Anyway, as i grew up, i shared the same love for the cosmos as my father. In fact, i met your mum at an observatory in London and we fell in love. Then, when i had you, we decided to name you apollo, after the rocket that took the first humans to the moon. And that's the story of your name."
His mother straightened her back and stood up from the bed, pulling the duvet up her son's chest and kissed him on the forehead.
"Get some sleep now baby. Your mamas love you."
"Love you too mamas."

As young apollo watched his mum walk away and close the door, his night light being the only thing keeping the dark at bay . h i
  S
D
R
E
M
S
B
E
G
A
N
T

O

F L I C K E R

His dreams changed course, he saw a boy, his current age, he had brown hair and eyes, he was wearing some sort of uniform. He was yelling his name. Or at least, he seemed to be, but he got it wrong.
Alexander! Alexander! Alexander! Alexander! Alex!
The boy must've thought that was his name, there was no one else he could be speaking to.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Apollo mumbled in his sleep.

Alexander! Can you hear me? Can you see me?