09.

APOLLO knew he was being ignored.
Newt would no longer look at him, no longer jab insults at him, he left patients at the doors of the med-sack, he daren't enter, he sat with his back faced away from apollo during meals. He missed having someone to piss off. Everyone else was too sensitive and it had become difficult to pay attention without the anticipation of which face would be pulled at him next.

Apollo hadn't the slightest knowledge to WHY he was being ignored. He had spent the past two days looking through his actions, trying to see if he had done anything out of the ordinary. He hadn't. He had no clue why newt refused to look his way and it was bothering him.

Newt didnt know why it wasn't working. He had decided to avoid apollo since that day in the med-shack. He wanted to feel the joy that came with his laugh, even if it was paired with insults towards himself, his smile but he didnt want the unease that came with the smile clint had given him. The temptation of going inside the shack overpowered him everyone he escorted someone there, but he knew clint would give him the same smile, filling him with guilt and nausea.

He had thought that ignoring him would've made the thoughts disappear, but the memory of his smile, directed at his own words, felt as though it had been branded into the very front of his mind. He couldn't concentrate on anything else, avoiding him wasn't working. Thankfully, avoiding clint did work. Newt's abrupt turns and long-winded walks meant that clint hadn't caught up to him yet.
"Hey newt." Shit. Spoke too soon.
"What do you want clint?" His voice was cold as he tried not to show how much he wished to leave. Of fucking course he had to sit with him right now, when none of the others had showed up to lunch yet. Suddenly, newt felt as though clint could read his mind, like he could see his insides.

"How come you dont want to come into the med-shack anymore?" Clint spoke in such a way that told newt he knew EXACTLY what was going on. "I thought you'd be jumping at the chance to speak to 'pollo" he paused for a second, taking in newt's poorly concealed embarrassment, "but then again, you've been avoiding him as well as me."
Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no.
" i don't know what you're talking about."
"Oh sure! Because there's nothing that i would know about...except maybe, just maybe, your feelings towards our newest medic."
Newt filled with dread for some reason, it was the oddest thing, he hadn't a clue why, why he felt unease when he spoke about him.
"Everybody knows that i hate him, you aren't special." Clint tilted his head slightly, a confused and pitiful look cast over his face.
"You haven't a clue have you?"
"What are you on about?"
"How you look at him, how you want to make him laugh and smile, you spend ages trying to gain his attention through remarks and looks."
"Can you stop being so fucking cryptic and just tell me what the hell you're on about?"
"You like him! Can you really not see it? You have feelings for him, you look at him like he hung the shucking stars!" Clint all but exploded at him, his voice raised slightly, but not a lot as boys had started to fill up the tables.
"No i dont, youre talking a load of rubbish. No i dont," newt's voice wavered slightly, "now stop talking a load of rubbish and leave me be." Clint stood up from his seat with raised hands.
"Fine, but soon enough you'll be telling me I'm right, even if you cant see it now."
"Piss off."
As clint walked away to a different table, newt lowered his head to his food and moved it around with his fork.

- - - - - -

Apollo was having a good day. The joyful atmosphere of the med-shack had pushed all thoughts of newt from his mind.
Chuck had come in today, slightly bruised on his side yet he dragged out the treatment to half of the day, none of the boys minded, the med-shack wasnt that busy anyway. Laughter and jokes were bounced between the boys, doubling after finally coaxing chuck to tell them how he got injured.
The bucket had just moved from one side of the room to the other, honestly. It definitely had nothing to do with the fact that chuck 100% percent wasnt eavesdropping over two of the boys gossip, both of which happened to have very loud voices.
Apollo was filled with a warmth, a sense of belonging, as he conversed with his friends (something he wouldn't admit out loud.) Jeff and clint had spent their lunch with apollo and chuck, and their laughter had continued for the rest of the day.

- - - - - -

The light in the sky had darkened as night occurred, the stars now standing out against the midnight sky. Newt was dreaming as he lay in his bed, blankets pulled high up to his neck. He dreamt with a small smile on his face.

Newt was stood in the dead lands, the sun was shining bright through the gap in the trees, illuminating Apollo's face. Apollo was stood with his back leaning against a tree, smiling cheekily at something he had just said. His right hand reached up and caressed newt's cheek, causing the blonde boy to stand closer. He grabbed Apollo's waist and leaned closer, keeping them anchored to the tree trunk. He closed his eyes as he leaned in to kiss him, his face mere millimetres away from the other boy's.

Newt woke up with a start, his blankets pooling around his waist was he sat up. His breathing was heavy and his mind was racing. He stood quickly, pulling a shirt over his head as he made his way to clint's bunk. He shook the medic awake carefully, who looked at him in sleep filled confusion. "What is it?"
"You're right. About apollo, i like him."

[A/N: SHORT CHAPTER AGAIN, I APOLOGISE BUT I HAVE AN IDEA FOR THE NEXT ONE AND IM HOPING I DO IT SOON. EAT AND DRINK PLEASE! -???]