08.

APOLLO forced himself to stay awake for the rest of the night after his nightmare. The second he woke up the memory of it started to slip away. Ever since his first one, they had become nightly. He could never remember them except from the cool feeling around his wrists, throbbing sensations all over his body, his brain burning, he felt like he was being torn apart pice from piece. It took a few moments after he woke up for the feeling to dissipate; he would grip his head via his hair with his hands and rest it on his tucked up knees and breathe shallowly ( breathing too deep would make the burning flare up.)

He woke up from his current nightmare around midnight. The sky was a deep navy and littered with thousands and thousands of stars. He scoured the sky looking for one thing: the moon.
"Mama! Tell me a story!"
It was beautiful. It was full and illuminated the sky like a large searchlight, it was white with a slight yellow tint.
"Okay, okay. How about how you got your name?"
"That's m' favourite!"
He waited for the rest of the memory to play out as he continued to look up at it. Tears pooled at the corners of his eyes when his brain supplied him a brief image of his mother's black waved hair and her large, infectious smile and her loud, melodic laughter. A small, genuine smile made its way onto his face as a gentle chuckle escaped from his throat and he found himself looking around at the glade. It was so silent, so peaceful. The moonlight made everything look so beautiful. He didnt realise anyone was there until his eyes met a pair of soft, dark brown ones. It was as though they held him in a trance, they felt so warm and safe. Although it felt as though he had gazed into their eyes for an eternity, he hadn't in fact been staring all too long and soon looked away, the smile had never left his face all the while he viewed his surroundings.

Apollo was about to bite into his apple as he remembered the events that took place a few hours earlier. The eyes. How could he be so stupid! He never thought to look to whom those captivating eyes belonged to. Chuck had just laughed at something he had said from beside where he was sat.
"Apollo?"
"Sorry, could you repeat that? I zoned out." Apollo shook his head slightly and forced himself to focus on he and chuck's conversation.

- - - -

NEWT couldn't focus. Zart had been cleared to leave the med-shack today and from the second newt had finished filling him in with everything he had missed, he hadn't been able to get a single word in hedgways: zart was overflowing with all the thoughts he had had during his sickness and was laughing at jokes and memories he had remembered. However, it was like newt was deaf to the world. His mind kept replaying the moments of last night over and over again to the point that he could recite it in detail if he wanted to. He didnt. It belonged to him.

He had been making sure no one was out of bed around midnight (don't think him a hypocrite, he couldn't sleep and didn't want anyone to get hurt, wandering) when he had heard a small, silver-toned chuckle from above him. He had assumed someone was simply laughing in their sleep but had looked up anyway, pure curiousness, you cant blame him. The second he realised which tree he was stood under he was about to retreat and turn his eyes away but fate wasnt on his side. He stared right into his eyes. His harsh yet pretty eyes, the colour of malachite. Small tears were gathered in the corners of his waterlines, making them look like a piece of the ocean had been selected and placed into his eyes, just so people could appreciate the beauty of it. Newt felt as though he was privileged to have seen them, or as if he needed to prove his worth to be beholden of such a sight. His smile was small, not even open-mouthed and yet newt could feel the pure joy that radiated from it. He too wanted to smile.

And then a cloud moved slightly and uncovered the moon so that it was completely on show and a beam of moonlight shifted onto him, irradiating his face with a soft, white glow. Highlighting the way his smile carved his face and the joyous look upon it. He looked right into his eyes and newt's breathing stopped. He felt like a child caught with their hand in the sweet jar. It felt like he was staring right into the depths of newt's heart, as though he knew every thought newt had ever had. But then he looked away and back towards the moon -what seemed to be the cause of his happiness- and newt felt free of his grasp, as though he was merely another speck of grass on the ground that went unnoticed.