5. A Concert

"Well, if we're going to start a band we're going to need a name," Lauren said. "True," Wilder said. "What if we had something to do with L.A? Or Hollywood?" Lauren asked. "I like it," Myles said. "L.A. Life?" Xander asked. "No, too simple," Wilder said. "L.A. Spirits?" Logan asked. "Getting there," Myles said. "L.A. Ghosts!" Xander said. "I like it," Myles said. "Hey, me too," Wilder replied. "L.A. Ghosts it is!" Lauren said. Everyone cheered. "I wrote a few songs," Wilder said. "So, tomorrow bring over your instruments and we'll practice." 

Myles walked home happily. As if nothing could ever bring him down. The world looked so beautiful. And he began to think of his mother. He felt she lived through him and when the sun shined that day. She was telling him that he was doing a good job and she loved him. 

"Hey, Myles," Xander said walking beside her friend. "Oh, hey, Xander. Watcha doing?" Myles asked. "Oh, my house is on the way to yours so I decided I could walk with you right?" Xander asked. "Of course," Myles said. "It's really nice today," Xander said. "Yeah, every time a day is just so perfect. I... I think my mom makes it that way for me," Myles said. Xander frowned. "What happened to your mom?" he asked. "She died when I was born," Myles said. Xander placed a hand on Myles's shoulder. "Sorry, man," he said. "It's fine," Myles said. 

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

"Wow, that's... Uh... That's a lot of people," Lauren said as she and Myles looked out into the crowd. "You aren't scared are you?" Myles asked. "No," Lauren said. Then she blushed. "Maybe a little. I'm not the best drummer in the world," she said. "We don't need the best drummer in the world, you go out there and you do you," Myles said placing a hand on Lauren's shoulder. Lauren smiled. "Thanks, Myles, sometimes I think I really don't have what it takes. But you're so supportive. This band won't fall with you in it," Lauren said. She kissed Myles's cheek before walking over to Steven. 

Myles blushed and looked at his feet. His heart pounded with so much excitement. He began to smile thinking of the messy blondie. Myles loved the feeling of her close to him. He could get lost in those blue eyes. 

Wait a minute. She's my drummer. And Steven Adler's daughter. I can't feel like that to her. Right? Myles thought. 

They soon stepped onto the stage and performed the show. Wilder was a great singer, Xander was an awesome guitarist, Logan was killing it on bass, and Lauren was an amazing drummer. Myles thought of himself as average. He wasn't the best guitarist but that was why he was a rhythm guy. That where he belonged out of the spotlight. Right? 

No. Myles thought. I want attention too. But it isn't for me. I don't deserve the attention and praise. These guys do. They have more talent in their middle finger than I will ever have in my life. 

They walked down the street after the show. Myles stayed quiet. Thinking about how he didn't deserve to be in a band with such talented people. 

"Hey, are you alright?" Lauren whispered to her black-haired friend. Myles looked at her and smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine," Myles said smiling at Lauren. 

"Oh, look the Guns N Roses wannabes," Jax said smiling. "Are we wannabes if we're their children?" Xander asked. "Are you jealous?" Lauren asked. Jax shot his head over to look at her with a death stare. "What?" he asked. "I asked if you were jealous," Lauren said. "'Course not! Why would I be jealous of a bastard!?" Jax asked aiming towards Wilder whose parents were unmarried for a while after he was born. Wilder clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. "Aw, what's wrong. Mommy and Daddy don't love each other anymore? Who are you going to choose during custody battles?" Milo asked as he stepped closer to Wilder. "They aren't getting divorced," Wilder said. "Of course they are. How many times has Axl hit Olivia? Hm?" Milo asked. "No," Wilder said. How many times has Axl cheated on Olivia?" Milo asked. 

Rage burned inside of Myles. How dare this asshole attack, Wilder, like that?!

"Hey, Leave him alone," Myles said. Illy laughed. "Zane needs his little friend to stand up for him!" she said. Wilder kicked Milo in the balls. Milo groaned. "Run!" Logan said. And the five took off down the road laughing the whole time. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

"Hey, Wilder, are you alright?" Myles asked as the two walked down the street. "Yeah, I'm alright. But they're such assholes. Why do they talk like that? It's not my fault my parents are getting divorced," Wilder said. "What? Your parents really are getting divorced?" Myles asked. "They don't hurt each other. Well, dad doesn't hurt mom. But they yell at each other a lot. And Dad found out mom is having a baby with another man. Dad's a rockstar, news about his personal life spreads faster than a wildfire," Wilder said. "How are you?" Myles asked. Wilder shrugged. "Well, if you ever wanna get away from it all remember I'm always here for you," Myles said. Wilder smiled sadly at his friend. "Thanks, Myles," he said. "No problem," Myles said.