6. Broken Family

"Hey, dipshit," Kadyn said walking into Myles's room. "What?" Myles asked.  "Dad's not here to save his perfect boy," Kadyn said. "Kadyn, what are you talking about?" Myles asked. "Why does dad like you the most, Myles? Why are you so perfect in his eyes? Just because you're mom's last born doesn't mean you're any special from me. And it is your fault mom died. If you weren't on she'd be here," Kadyn said. 

"Kadyn! Leave him alone!" Katie said. Kadyn walked to the door where Katie stood and slammed and locked it. "Kadyn! Stop! Leave him alone! I'm calling dad!" Katie yelled knocked repeatedly on the door. "Kadyn! Myles! Let me in!" Katie yelled. "Kadyn! Don't hurt him!"

But despite Katie's protests and pleads for Myles's safety, Kadyn looked at Myles rage boiling inside of him. He grabbed the fourteen-year-olds shirt and threw him off the bed, the guitar in Myles's lap slamming on the ground making the amps screech like an injured cat. "Kadyn! What are you doing?" Myles asked with a shaky voice. Kadyn answered by kicking Myles in the stomach. "Kadyn, please, stop!" Myles said. "You're a worthless brat. Mom would still be alive if it weren't for you. Dad would still be happy if it weren't for you," Kadyn said before he kicked Myles hard in the stomach. 

Then there were loud knocks on the door. "Kadyn! Open the door! Now!" Izzy yelled worryingly. Myles ran to the door, despite the fact his upper body hurt like hell and opened the door. "Myles, are you alright?" Katie asked hugging her brother who held his stomach. "I'm fine," he said. 

"Kadyn! What the fuck did you do?" Izzy asked. Kadyn simply ignored Izzy and went to his room. "Kadyn!" Izzy yelled running after him. Kadyn began to pack his clothes. "Kadyn, what the hell are you doing?" Izzy asked. "Leaving," Kadyn said zipping his duffle bag. "Leaving? You're seventeen! You can't leave!" Izzy said. Kadyn pushed past him and walked downstairs. "Kadyn, stop it! You can't leave, Kadyn," Izzy said. Kadyn turned madly around to face his father. "So now you suddenly care about me! You were too busy worrying about Myles or mom that you failed to notice my attempted suicide," Kadyn said. Izzy's breathing hitched his throat and he stared into his son's brown eyes. "Kadyn-" "Well, I have some news for you! Myles is fourteen! And mom is dead!" Kadyn said. He then pushed Izzy to the ground. "You have two other children who want your love. Give it to them. Or her. I'm leaving. I don't need you," Kadyn said. Then he walked out of the house.

Izzy stayed on the floor and tears poured from his eyes. "Dad," Katie said running to her father and helping him into a sitting position. She then wrapped her arm around Izzy's neck. Izzy cried into his daughter's shoulder. "I'm sorry," he cried. "Dad no. Mom wouldn't want you to cry," Katie said. "Your mom wouldn't want me to pamper one child and ignore the others," Izzy cried. 

Myles stood in the doorway of the living room watching as Izzy was being comforted by Katie. Myles sighed and walked out the back door not wanting to hear the rest of the conversation. He was going to go to Wilder's house. But then he realized that Wilder was going through a hard time. So, he went to Lauren's. He just needed a friend. 

"Aw, it's alright, Myles," Lauren said rubbing Myles's shoulder as he sat on the side of her bed with his hands in his face. "No, it isn't. It's my fault," Myles said. "No, it isn't. It isn't your fault don't think like that, Myles," Lauren said. Myles lifted his eyes and wiped his tears. He stared into Lauren's bright blue eyes. He leaned his face closer to hers before stopping himself. He rose off the bed. "I... I need to get home," he said. "Myles," Lauren said softly but he was already gone. 

Lauren sighed. She knew she was head over hills for the black-haired guitarist. She wished he would've kissed her. Maybe he thought she didn't like him? Or he didn't like her? Why would he lean in for a kiss then? Lauren didn't know.

All she knew is that Lauren Adler was in love with Myles Isbell.