9. A Tour

"You're joining again?" Izzy asked leaning against his kitchen counter. "Yeah, it's not a big problem actually," Slash said shrugging. "So you're forgetting everything he's done to you?" Izzy asked. Slash sighed. "Look, Izzy, you can stay mad at Axl all you want. But he's changed. Trust me," Slash said. Izzy rolled his eyes. "You don't actually hate him," Slash said. Izzy glared at his black-haired friend. "Yeah. I do," he said. "You don't?" Slash asked. "Yes, I do," Izzy mumbled. Slash smiled. "Stop being an asshole, Izzy. Don't be an old man who holds a grudge forever," Slash said. "I'm not old," Izzy grumbled. Slash chuckled and shook his head. 

You're right, Slash. I don't hate him. But for my mental health and happiness we'll play like a do. Izzy thought. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Myles sat on his bed strumming his guitar trying to figure out chords for a song when the phone rang. He pushed the guitar out of his lap and walked to the phone. Before he could answer he heard the excited voice of Wilder on the other end. 

"Myles, you won't believe this!" Wilder said. "What?" Myles asked. "We're going on tour with AC/DC!!" Wilder said. "What? Really? Where?" Myles asked. "All over America! Nevada, New York, Indiana, And so much more!" Wilder said. "I can't believe this!" Myles said. "I know. Me neither!" Wilder said. "Well, pack your shit. We leave tomorrow." They said their goodbye's and hung up. 

Myles laid back on his bed smiling like a possum with his hand behind his his head. He knew he should tell Izzy about the tour before the next day. He'll do it come supper. He could tell everybody then. 

During supper Myles couldn't stop smiling. "What are you smiling for, Myles?" Kadyn asked. "Well, me and the guys are going on tour with AC/DC!" Myles said. "What?" Izzy asked. "And we leave tomorrow," Myles said. "Hold on wait. You played one venue and now your going with AC/DC without deciding that this is what you want for a lifestyle?" Izzy asked. "But it is what I want," Myles said. "No, you don't know that," Izzy said standing up. "I've been in the music business it'll ruin you." "No it won't!" Myles said. "It's what I want to do. Whether you like it or not. I'm going on the tour. And I'm making mama proud," Myles yelled before he left the table and retreated to his room. 

Myles began to pack his clothes and went to Izzy's room where at the top of the closet sat a box of Leah's jewelry. Myles dug around in it before finding a St. Christopher necklace. (A Christian necklace that protects you while out on the road) Myles found a picture of Leah and took that with him.  

One kid after the other, Izzy thought. First Kadyn and now Myles. What I'd give to keep them home. To keep them safe. But it's just doesn't happen like that. Does it? 

Izzy cried himself to sleep wishing he could hold Leah in his arms. It's been fourteen years but the pain never ended. And sometimes it got worse. Izzy couldn't stand it. And he didn't know what to do.