Part Eighteen

The Handler, Five and Y/n land with a swish outside of the Commissions HQ. Y/n looks around with wide eyes as the Handler explained the multiple changes that have been made during Five's absents. "Any questions so far?" she asked the two teens. Or well "teens." "Yeah. Who was the case manager handling me?" Five asked. The Handler smile. "You mean the apocalypse," she said stroking Five's face. Y/n felt a hint of jealousy hit her heart. She wanted to punch the Handler as hard as she could into the ground. But knowing the kind of situation she was in, Y/n kept to herself.

"We'll go meet her in a second, but first your tag along has to go through orientation," the Handler smirked towards Y/n. Five shook his head. "No. Not gonna happen," he rambles. Y/n grabbed his arm and excused them away from the Handler. Y/n drags him away. "Look I know you said to stay together. But whatever plan you have you have in your head will not get anywhere if we don't gain the Handler's trust," she whispers to him. He looked at her oddly. "How did you know I hade a plan?" he asked. Y/n scoffed. "I could literally see the wheels turning in your head. And also I don't know maybe the fact that I can read minds," she sarcastically laughed. Five sighed and looked at the Handler.

We walk backed to the Handler, who was now accompanied by a worker. "Miss Y/n, this is Mrs. Brown. She's gonna show you to orientation," The Handler says. Y/n nods and walks down the hall. The Handler turns to Five. "Shall we continue?" she asks. He nods, glancing back at Y/n.

Time skip (turn to Fives pov)

It was lunch and I had stolen the file for my case aka the Apocalypse. I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom. I opened it and studied it closely. Until i heard the door open again. The load click of heels echoed through the stalls. "Shit," I mumble to myself. The Handler sits on the seat next to me. "So how's your first day going?" she asked. "Couldn't be better," I sarcastically respond. "Glad to hear," she said. It was silent until this almost coughing sound interrupted. Apparently it was the Handler. She said she burned a part of her mouth.

She was being weird. Weirder than normal. She goes on to talk about trust and how it's very needed in this place. Oh shit. You don't think she knows about the file and my plan. "I'm feeling peckish," she starts " Have you had lunch?" she asks. "Not yet," I responded, wishing the conversation would end soon. "Great. How'd you like to lunch with me in my office? You can eat solid foods and I can live vicariously," she says walking to my stall, the top of her head peeks over the top of the door "through you." "Sounds great," I say with a major fake smile "as long as Y/n can join?" i ask. Thank god I slipped the file under my shirt.

Time skip

Y/n and I sat in the Handlers office. She was being especially quiet.
"And that is how i knew Phil determined the archduke just had to go," The Handler said and I set my cup down. "Care for dessert?" I shook my head no. "I had a bad Twinkie in the apocalypse once. It can you put me off desserts," I say. The Handler smirked I moved a bowl of candies in front of Y/n and I. "Please, indulge me." I sigh and take two candies from the bowl. I have one to Y/n and she pops it in her mouth. I do the same and chew on it for a little bit. The handler watches us while lighting a cigarette.

"What does it taste like to you?" she asks us intensely. I focus more on the flavor and then it hits me. "The 1950's?" I ask. Y/n  looks at me in pure confusion. "Precisely right. Our clever metaphysics divisions concocted a way to perfectly distilled an entire decade into a single candy. This one's modeled after the fudge much, America's favorite in 1955," she said smiling at the both of us. "Remarkable," I say I look over at Y/n. She's been silent this whole lunch. "You she will be happy to know that that's the very division that's building your new bodies. Oh, that reminds me I have something for the both of you," The handler takes her cigarette out of her mouth and pushes button on the voice box next to her calling for a woman named Carla.

"Yes?" Carla response from the other line. "Would you bring the boxes in please?" The handler ask nicely. "Certainly." Carla calls for the last time hanging up and coming into the room with two big boxes. she said the backs down in front of The two of us. Y/n and I look at each other and then back of the boxes. We open them. Y/n gasps at her new beautiful pastel purple dress. A standard suit sit still in mine. "It's gorgeous," Y/n gasps and she looks back up at us "Why so fancy?" "We believe that our employees should dressed at the very peak of the fashion in the generation which they're most comfortable in," The Handler explains to her. She ran her hand over the soft fabric. "Clothes make the people, my friends," The Handler says and smiles at us. But it was a different kind of smile. Y/n and I give each other questioning eyes. The way Y/n left eyebrow raises, reminds me of all those times she knew i was lying.

"Won't it be nice when you ca actually wear them?" The Handler question "Very soon I assure you." Y/n closes the box. "Thank you," she says sincerely. "Yes, thank you. It's a very kind gift," I say. And I turn to face her back wall. "Is that a chines flame thrower?" I ask. The Handler eyes grow wide. "Good eye," she said and walked over. I look over at Y/n. She looked at me. The contact makes us both look away. A slight shade of pink brushes across Y/n's cheeks. I walk over by The Handler. "M26 grenade?" I question picking one up. She nods. "From the Vietnam War," she explains. She picks up a pistol and holds it under for Y/n and I to see it. "And this, the most note worthy, perhaps. My Walter pistol. The very one Hitler used to kill himself." I watched Y/n come closer as the Handler explains something to be about taking things. She must have noticed because she handed to Y/n. She had a smirk on her face.

"Tell my dear, have you ever handled something as powerful as this?" she asked i think expecting a no. "That depends, " Y/n said plainly. "On what?" I ask."On what you mean by handled?"she said with a slight smile as she handed the gun back to the Handler. The Handler mildly shocked looks at me. I shrug. The Handlers shocked face was turned to a (oblivious fake) smile. "I like you," she lied. There was something i her voice. But i couldn't put my finger on it. Wait. THE HANDLER IS JEALOUS! OF Y/N! Wait does this means The Handler has a crush on me. Ewww!!!

I clear my throat and the Handler turns back to me. "I have some thoughts I wanted to run by you. Some suggestions to improve Commission protocol," I say. She hums in amusement. "Shaking things up already. I admire that," she says touching my face. I saw out of the corner of my eye, I saw Y/n looking away. "And I think that's my queue to leave. Thank you Miss Handler for lunch and the dress. I shall see myself out," Y/n said and started walking. "Can you just give me a second?" I ask. The Handler nods. I walk out and catch up with Y/n. "Five what are yo-?" I interrupt her. "Just trust me for right now. In a few hours, I'm gonna come get you and what ever is happening, all I need you to do is to trust me. Can you do that?" I ask her. She nods and I smile a little at her. I kiss her hand again before walking about into the Handlers office.

Switch to your pov

Could this get anymore boring? I look at the clock but than an alarm starts go off. I look in the door way to see Five jump in. I smile and stand up. Everyone was already in a panic because of the alarm, so i just ran into his arms. He hugged me tight. He had a case next to his feet. "Ready to go home?" he asked. "Please. I want out. This place gives me the massive chills," I chuckle. He just stares at me. He leans in and kisses me sweetly. I smile into the kiss and lean in more. He grips my waist and tries to push me in more. We pull part out of breath. "Now that we've gotten that out of the way can we please get out of here?" I question. He smiles widely and nods.