Part Twenty

We wait outside the police station for Diego to grab Harold Janken's file. Five leaned against the building, with me right next to him. Allison was trying to get a hold of Vanya. I miss her. It's feels wrong doing this stuff without, the least, telling her. Five must have sensed i was off. "You okay?" he asked, gently crease my my hand. I nod putting a smile on my face. But his stern look makes me give in. "I miss her that's all. Us three were the dream team."

He smiled slightly at the memories. I rub my thumb over his rough hand. He looks down at my hand. "We'll get her on our side. She had to eventually realize that we are just trying to protect her." Five whisper to me. "She deserves to know!" I whisper yell. He stands up all the way away from the wall and moves in front of me. "I know, but she needs to be save and well." He kissed my forehead. Allison huffs and hangs up the phone. She turns back to us and bite the inside of her cheek. Thankfully, Diego joins us. 

"So?" Five asks, getting impatient. "Did you get it?" I ask matching Five's level of patients. Diego smiles holding it up murmuring a "You're welcome." Allison grabs it and immediately starts to study. "Holy shit," she gaps. "What?" Diego asks. She holds up the file showing a picture of the man. "Harold Jankens is Lenard Peabody." The three of us share the same glance at each other. Confusion. "Why is that important? Lost criminals live under false identity," Diego said.

"Yeah well this false identity so happens to be the man Vanya is currently seeing,"she said. I let out a small curse and look at the others.

...

We park outside a house that apparently belongs to Mr. Jankens. Five took my hand and jumped us outside of the car. We walk up to the door. But before anyone could move, Five grands my hand again and jumps us inside the house. I move farther into the house. I move upstairs as Five lets the other two in. Liking all around, I look up to see an attic door. I focus on the door and it floats down with ease.

Smiling at my success, I climb up. I enter the attic and see a tarp rolled around something. Thinking nothing of it, I unroll it. As cold flesh hits my body, screams erupted from my throat. A flash of blue comes from behind me and I'm being wrapped into Five's chests. He gently stokes my head, as Allison pops in. She stared down at the body. I looked up to see Five's face, but something else caught my attention. The wall behind him. A breath suck in my throat as I look.

All of us were there, but scratches and X's marked all of our faces. This guy hated us. Allison noticed too. "All our faces are scratched off," she muttered. "Well that's not really creepy. This guy's definitely had some serious issues." Getting up, I look all round. "This ass never about Vanya." I turn back to look at Five. But his eyes weren't there to meet mine. He was fainting. I rush over to catch him before he fell. I quickly take off his blazer, vest and shit to find his wound open again. I curse to myself. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him. "I didn't want you to worry. But he blacks out before he could say anything. "Let's get him home, Mom can fix him."