Part Thirteen

We get in the van and drive to the library. "Okay, split up," Luther says. Deigo and I go to the left. We walk to the stairs.  It was silent until Deigo spoke up. "Uum Y/n. Do you really think that I hate you?" he asked. She shrugged. "I mean you always teased me as a kind. And not in a good way. And I remember that time I messed up on that mission with the glass shop. You didn't talk to me for a week," I explain. "Yeah. That was a real dick move of me. But I don't hate you. I hate the thought of you going around thinking that I hate you. I love you okay," he says and patted my back. I nod and continued to ascend the stairs. "Oh, I never got the opportunity to say thank you for saving me last night," I sat looking back at him. "He smiled and just shrugged "Just doing my job being a brother." As we got up the stairs and met up with Luther. "Nothing?" I ask. He nods. I sigh and look around the circle.

Then I see him. "Diego, Luther," I call out, still in a quiet manner for the liberty "Over here." They walk over to where I am. There Five is. Drunk as a skunk. Luther picks him up and heads over to the alley behind the library. "Where are we going to go? Those freaks in the mask know where we are and they will be coming for Five," I ask them. "My place is closer. No one will look for him there," Deigo explained. I nod then yawned. Deigo picked e up and put me on his back. "What are you doing?" I ask. "You not gonna get anywhere with a tired body. Just relax," he said. Five then burped and sighed. Luther looked down at him "If you vomit on me," he sated but Five interrupted him.

"You know what's funny? Aah! I'm going through puberty," he scoffed "Twice." Y/n sighed and laid her head down on Deigo's back. "I drank that whole bottle, didn't I?" Five asked himself " that's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof it's gone." Y/n sighs and rolls her eyes. There was a moment of silence. " what are you talking about?" Five asks. "We are trying to find a place to stay," Y/n sassed. "Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night," Luther explained. "They were looking for you," Diego said turning to look at Five "So I need you to focus. What do they want?" "Hazel and Cha-cha," Five mumbled. "What?" Y/n asked looking up. "You know,I hate code names," Luther said. "Ah The best of the best. Except for me, of course," Five started.

"Don't humble yourself, sweetheart," Y/n mumbled. "Sweetheart? I like that," Five slurred. "Just keep going!" Diego demanded. "The Best at what?" Luther asked. "You know, Dolores always said she hate it when I drink. She said it made me surly-" he laughed. Y/n's anger was racing. Diego turned around and faced the teenage boy or well the man inside the teenage boy's body. "Hey! I need you to focus what do you this Hazel and Cha-cha want?" Diego asked. Five had this look on his face that said 'Why should I tell you?' "We just want to protect you," Y/n says lifting up her head. "Protect me? I don't need your protection, Diego," Five said with the voice crack "Do you have any idea how many people I killed? No. I am the four freaking hours mend. The apocalypse is coming." And with that, Five threw up over Luther shoulder. Diego turned around and discussed and continued walking to his place. As her eyes grew heavy, Y/n laid her head down on Diego's shoulder and fell asleep.