Part Nineteen

I open my eyes. I was sitting on the bar in the living room. Everyone was gathered around. Five was holding onto me. I sit up, a loud groan escaping my mouth. Five sits up as well. I try to get off but end up rolling off the counter. Thank god Klaus was there to catch me. "Where have you two been?" he asked. Five rolled off after me. I grab a water bottle from Diego, quickly chugging the whole thing. "So the apocalypse," Five starts "is in three days. The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us." "The Umbrella Academy," Luther mumbles.

"Yeah, but this time you have us," I say and Five nods and smiles "So if y'all don't get your side show acts together and get over yourselfs, we're screwed. So what if Dad screwed us up. Are we going to let that define us?" he asked. I look over at Five with furrowed browed. I never truly thought about him being the speech type. "And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, we've come back with a lead," Five said and held up a paper. Allison took and read it out loud. "Harold Jankens? Who the hell id Harold Jankens?" she asked. The two of us shrug. "He's the reason for the apocalypse. So we just need to figure out who he is?" I say. Five nods.

"We have to find him," Five starts "And we have a chance to doing it now." "How is he connected to what's going to happen?" Luther asked. I shrug and head behind the bar again. I pour myself a big glass of Whiskey. "Wait so all you have on him, is a name?" Diego asked. "Isn't that enough? I ask. "There are probably dozen of Harold Jankens in the city," Diego pushed. "Hell, then let's get started on finding him," I snap. "I'm sorry. Am I the only one skeptical here?" Allison asks "I mean how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" "Harold Jankens," I correct her.

"You know those lunatics in masks who attack the house?" Five asked. "Oh yeah, I think i remember those guys," Klaus said, sadly. "Yeah, the ones that attack us while you were getting drunk," Diego response quickly. "Yeah them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop us from stopping the apocalypse from happening. Five used to work there before he came back," I explain. "The temps of what?" Allison asked. "As Y/n said, my former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure what is supposed to happen, happens," Five continues.

"They believes the apocalypse is coming in three days," I continue. "So Y/n and I went to the Commission's Headquarters and intercepted a message that was for Hazel and Cha-cha," Five starts. "The lunatics," I interrupts. "And it said "Protect Harold Jankens. So he must be responsible." As we finish, silence. Their dull wheels were spinning. All of a sudden, each were talking over each other.

"Do you know how insane that sounds?" Allison asks. "You know what else is insane?" Five starts "I look like a 13 year old boy. Klaus can talk to yeh dead and Luther thinks he's fooling everyone with that over coat." I nod and step up. "Every single point in our lives has been weird and strange. Hell in the past 7 days I've always been shot at, stabbed and almost blown up more times than in my entire live of crime fighting." I turn to Fine muttering "I'm not forgiving you any time soon for almost blowing me up." He nods smirking a little.

"And I sat through an entire day of presentations about how to hold and use a brief case that will take you to any point in the time line, and you are saying that trying to save the world is crazy? Seriously who are we if we can't do this simple task. Just get over yourself and help us find the guy who's gonna kill all live on earth." I finish letting out a little huff of air. "You good?" Five asked, easing his eyebrows. I nod and little and lena on the table behind us.

"Look, the last time we tried, we all ended up dead. Why would this be any different. Why should I stay here and not go home to my daughter?" Allison asks. "Because this time, Y/n and I are here. We have the name for the man reasonable for all of this." Fine said, holding you the paper. "And id we can stop him, we will safe billions." I say and Five finishes "Including Claire." Allison stood there wides eyed and mouth agape. "You know her name?"

"Yes, I told him her name. And if this works, we would like to meet her," I say stepping back at Five's side. Allison looks deeply at me, nodding. "Okay let's go get this bastard." "You had me at Garold Jankens," Diego said. "Harold," I correct. He just rolled his eyes slipping a 'whatever' out. I copy his eye rolling and walk back up to my room. I change into some more comfortable clothes. Yoga pants, light shirt. You know the normal outdoes for when your about to take out the guys who's gonna kill the rest of the world.

I hear and knock and a blink. I look behind me and Five smile. I turn to my mirror, pulling my hair up into a pony tale. "Hey with everything going on we really haven't gotten an opportunity to be alone yet," he said wrapping his arms around me. I smile and turn around. "Yeah, you know i can read minds right?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow and I smile. I unwrap myself from Five and head out the door, but not before I pop my head back in. "Oh yeah Five, I love you too."

Sorry guys, the end of last year has killed me. I am so thankful for y'all's patient. And I promise i will get into the swing of writting.
-Ej.