Already Gone -9.

Callum ---------->

Mia

For the first couple days since I left the hospital I was never alone. My parents had Jamie a lot of the time. I missed her like crazy. James was at his grandmother's funeral today and I was alone. The house was so quiet. I flicked through the TV finding nothing on.

I was going to try and get some more sleep when he texted me. 'I'm coming home Mimi. Love you x' I jumped off the couch and checked myself in the mirror. I look okay I guess. I cleared away my coffee cup and started to make a fresh pot.

I heard his car pull up on the driveway and the door open. He dropped his keys on the coffee table and walked over to me in the kitchen. He sighed and hugged me. "I missed you Mimi."

He kissed me so softly. My hands moved slowly up his back, taking in all those muscles that weren't there four years ago. As my hands moved up into his hair his hands moved down and he grabbed my ass. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I never wanted this moment to end. He pulled away first.

Breathless and with a husky voice he said my name. I put a finger to his lips and he smiled. I smirked and raised an eyebrow. This was kind of our secret code to sneak away at parties. This is how I ended up with Jamie. I laughed as he started to run upstairs carrying me. As he dropped me on the bed I squealed in excitement. Looking in his eyes I knew how right this was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Clarice and Cole were coming later that night for dinner. James's friend Callum was flying in for the weekend. I was nervous about meeting him. James has told me how Callum pretty much knew all about me. Clarice came early to help me cook while the guys went to the airport to pick up Callum. "He's going to hate me." Was all I could say over and over again.

"Mia, he won't hate you. James would never, ever, say anything to make someone hate you." She put the chicken in the oven and poured two glasses of wine. "Relax Mia. Everything will be fine." I took a small sip of my wine and went to get changed.

I looked at all the clothes I had. Sweats and hooded sweaters. All baggy clothes. I looked at the clock. Callum's flight lands in a half hour. I had time. I grabbed my car keys and ran downstairs. "I'm heading out. I'll be twenty minutes tops."

Driving as fast as I could to the mall my heart was racing.

This is it Mia. No more hiding.

I walked into the first store i found and pulled dresses, skirts, cami's and shorts off the rails. I bought shoes. Heels, wedges, sandals. When I got out of hospital, my dad gave me a credit card. It was to be used in case on an emergency and this was an emergency. I've covered myself up for too long.

I want to be Mia again. I want my friends to recognise me. I want Jamie to see her mom as a woman. I want James to see me how he used to.

I arrived home with my arms full of bags and before the guys. I ran upstairs shouting for Clarice to follow me. It's been so long, I needed help. Clarice had wide eyes when she walked in the bedroom. "Did you buy the store?"

"Oh god I wish! Okay, so help me. What shall I wear?" Immediately, she picked up the strappy black dress and threw a pair of black flat shoes at me. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and added make up. Clarice threw me her DKNY perfume. The front door opened and we heard the guys laughing. She smiled at me.

She walked out of my bedroom and I took a deep breath. Picking up my wine, I knew it was now or never. I made my way downstairs slowly. Callum and James had their back to me. Cole was the first to see me. His mouth fell open and I blushed a little. James turned and looked at me with wide eyes. I walked over to him and he put one arm around my waist.

"You look so hot." He whispered, making me laugh. He cleared his throat. "Mimi, this is Callum."

"It's so good to finally meet you Mia. You were the most popular girl on the lunch table." He shook my hand and I laughed. James slapped the back of his head. "I'll tell you later." He smiled rubbing his head.

"I can't wait to hear it."

Dinner was amazing. We laughed a lot through it. Callum told stories of James calling girls Mia to their face, earning him quite a few slaps. James told stories of Callum giving girls fake names, then trying to pick them up in the club a few weeks later.

Me and Clarice cleared the dishes from the dining room to the kitchen. "Girls, take a seat I'll get dessert." James stood with his bottle of beer in the doorway. I shook my head. He smiled and kissed me. I wiped chocolate on his nose and laughed. He shook his head and wiped the chocolate off before heading to sit back with the guys.

After dessert, I headed upstairs to clear out my bedroom and move my things in to James's room. James helped me move all my new clothes as I was putting my old clothes in trash bags. "I like this change in you Mia. I'm sorry I ever left." I put the bag down and hugged him.

"I'm a stronger person now, thanks to you." I gave him a quick kiss and got back to business. Falling into bed with James later that night felt natural. I slept incredibly well wrapped up in his arms. I felt loved and safe for the first time in years.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

James was spending the day with the guys while Clarice and I were heading to see my lawyer. Callum's father had given me some great advice on what I should speak about. I made one last call to him before we left and he reassured me that I would be fine. I was a nervous wreck as Clarice parked her car. She waited until I came out.

Six months from now, I will officially be free.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I got in the car.

Now I can go and get my daughter.