Already Gone - 18.

Video on the side is the song Mia and James will have as their first dance (as will i!!), picture is how I imagine Mia's dress

Mia

"Mom... Mom... Mom wake up!" I shook my mother's shoulders "Mom!" I yelled down her ear making her jump.

"Jesus Mia I'm awake!" She sat up with wide eyes.

"I'm getting married today." I beamed at her before running to wake everyone else up. After last night's partying, only Nina and I were fully functioning. We stood in the kitchen laughing as I called Craig to wake him up.

"Mia. I love you little sis but fuck off calling me." He whispered down the phone making us laugh even more. Nina turned back to the stove to continue with the chocolate pancakes she was making for breakfast.

"Oh my god these are good!" I mumbled with a mouthful of pancakes. "Please, live with us?" Nina laughed loudly at my request. Clarice walked in slowly with her eyes half shut. Her hair was like something from a bad seventies movie. She slumped in the dining chair and groaned, clutching her head.

“Mia, be thankful you’re pregnant. You’d hate to be me right now.” I pushed a cup of coffee under her nose. “God give me strength.”

“Of course I’d hate to be you. I’d be jealous that today is the day you become Mrs. Mia Shaw.” I smiled. Her eyes moved towards my plate of pancakes.

“Oh my god! A-may-zing!” She opened her eyes wide and Nina and I collapsed in fits of giggles.  “So, what’s left to be done?”

“I’ve left James to pick a song for the first dance. That’s all his responsibility. Everything else should be fine.” I laughed nervously. “Okay ladies, nine am. Only five hours to go!” I clapped my hands and grabbed my cell. I called the hotel where we are having the reception to check everything was fine. I sent Clarice next door to get Jamie. The hairdresser was coming at eleven. There was so much to do and I now understood what your wedding day should feel like.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

James

Nine am. I get married in five hours. I sat on the edge of my bed smiling to myself. I couldn’t help but picture what I think Mia will look like as she walks down the aisle. As she smiles when we say “I do.” I pulled on my jeans and a black t shirt. “Ok guys. I’m going on a food run!”

I came back from McDonalds and Logan’s Coffee House and handed out the McMuffins and burgers. I took a seat in the back garden, taking a bite out of my cheese and tomato Panini. Last night was crazy. I won a little cash in the casino. That was going to be divided and put in savings for Jamie and the baby. Everybody drank way to much tequila. Thanks dad.

“Did you pick the song yet?” Callum smirked as he sat beside me, clutching a bottle of water.

“Yeah. I heard one a few years ago. Always made me think of Mia. I think she’ll like it. I hope she’ll like it.”