Already Gone - 15.

The next morning was like déjà vu all over again. The Shaw's were leaving. The only difference is my James isn't leaving with them this time. Once again on the drive to the airport, he was in his car and I was in mine. Jamie was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to me over and over again, asking me to sing along. I joined in as she giggled. We took the exit following James's car. "Hey Jamie, look at the planes!" She looked out of the window in awe. She'd never been to the airport before. I had managed to avoid coming here over the years.

I pulled into the closest parking space to James's car. As I grabbed my bag from the front of the car, James helped Jamie out of the back and into his arms. With his free hand he took mine and we walked as a family into the airport. The smell was the same. The sounds of people rushing around were the same. We headed up to the departures area, taking a seat by the window so Jamie could watch the planes land and take off. When the Shaw's made it to us, Jamie grabbed Lucy by her hand and ran with her to the window.

"So you need to keep me up to date with all the wedding plans. And you must promise to come to Boston." Carolyn held my hands across the table.

"I promise. I think Jamie would love to fly." I smiled watching my daughter stare out the window clutching her juice box.

'This is the final boarding call for flight 785 to Boston.' The tannoy echoed around the airport as we said our goodbyes. We stayed to watch their plane take off. Jamie waved until it was out of sight. James scooped her up and started to run. She screamed and laughed in his arms. I walked slowly behind them shaking my head, apologising to people they almost ran into.

                                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Okay, McDonalds... or Clarice's cooking?"

"Aunt Clarice!" My daughter was the only kid I know that would turn down a McDonalds, but I'm proud of that. I also knew how much James loved Clarice's cooking and hated fast food. Except pizza. I texted Clarice to let her know we are on our way over. When we pulled up outside her house, Cole was outside putting garbage bags in his car. I looked at James and he shook his head. "Momma can I go play?" Jamie tugged at my shirt and pointed towards Trey next door. I nodded and she ran. I left James with Cole as I headed inside to find Clarice.

"What's going on?" I asked as I walked into her kitchen. She was sat at the table with teary eyes. Tissues on were on the floor. Cole’s keys were on the side. A cup was smashed in the sink. She looked as though she was in a daze. I began to pick the shattered cup out of the sink.

“He doesn’t want to be with me anymore. He doesn’t love me.” A single tear fell down her face. I looked out of the window to see James looking angry at Cole. He passed him a set of keys. Cole got in his car and drove off the street.

“Clarice, I’m sure that’s not true.” She shook her head. I hugged my best friend as she cried silent tears. James sighed as he came in the kitchen. “Just give him some time to cool off. He’ll be back honey, you’ll see.”