Already Gone - 16.

“Mia! Mia stop!” I was speeding up as I walked away. “Mia please!” He grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him. “You look good.” I rolled my eyes. “How’s Jamie?”

“Anthony, Jamie is none of your concern. She is not your family. God, when will you people get that through your heads?” I shrugged out of his hold on me and continued walking.

“People are talking Mia, about how fast you’ve moved on from my brother to getting engaged to a guy that abandoned you.” I stopped and turned to face him. It was like looking at an older Ryan. They had the same eyes. The same smile. I sighed and flipped him the bird before walking away yet again. When I made it to the clothes store I flew in a few weeks ago, I took my time actually looking around this time.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and went to try them on. When I came out I was sure I saw Anthony looking through the window at me.  My breath caught in my throat. I backed up slowly back in to the dressing room. I couldn’t call James. He was with Jamie.  No way did I want her here. My brother was out of town for the day. My hands were fumbling in my bag trying to find my cell.

“ Mia?” Cole sounded surprised to hear from me. We haven’t spoken much since he broke up with Clarice.  I felt bad but I’m a girl and my loyalties lie with her.

“Cole, where are you?” I whispered.

“Um, with a friend. What’s up?”

“Please come and get me. Anthony is following me. He’s making me nervous. I’m at the mall.” I gave him the name of the store I was hiding in and he promised he would be there in five minutes. True to his word he called me when he was walking through the mall entrance. I gathered my things and left the changing rooms. I threw the clothes back on the racks and headed to the store entrance.

He was at Starbucks opposite. He slowly put his coffee down and jogged over to me. “Mia I just want to talk to you. Please listen.”

“Leave me alone. I have nothing to say to you!” I screamed at him just as Cole grabbed my waist.

“You heard her, back off.” Cole pointed at Anthony as he backed up just a little.

“Saving the day yet again Cole?” Cole glared at Anthony, slowly pulling me behind him. “Just so you know Mia, I personally blame you for what happened to my brother.”

“Don’t listen to him Mia. Let’s go.” Cole kept a tight hold on me as we walked to our cars. He drove behind me back to the house. When we got out of the cars, he hugged me. “I’m glad you called me. I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Are you busy tonight?” He took a deep breath and shook his head. “Good, come for dinner. I want to leave all this tension behind us before the wedding.” He nodded and kissed my head. As he got back in his car I mouthed ‘I love you’ to him. He smiled and drove out of the driveway.