XX: You Are NOT the Father !

Monday, September 30, 2019
11:43 p.m
Dave's POV

I woke up to the smell of breakfast being cooked

I woke up to the smell of breakfast being cooked. I wasn't handicapped, but fucking with Amber I felt like it. I wasn't hurting as bad as I was yesterday, must be the painkillers working already. Them weak ass punches didn't do shit to me though.

I thank god they we're only punches though, they weak asses would've probably used some type of weapon if they wouldn't have found me in time.
I slowly got up out of the bed, making my way to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth.

After washing my face, I walked down the stairs slowly. Amber heard me and immediately turned around.
"What are you doing out of bed?" Amber asked as she rushed over to me to try and help me down.
"I'm fine woman, sheesh."
She looked at me with an ok look before walking back to the stove.

I walked towards her stopping her in her tracks and wrapped my arms around her lower back.
I noticed she didn't do the same. Apparently she was scared to touch me, I sensed that on the way home yesterday.
"You know i'm not hurt that bad right? You can hug me baby, its ok."

She put her arms around my torso, and I pretended to wince as if I was in pain.

She immediately let go.
"What? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry!" She said panicking.
"Nah, i'm just fucking with you." I replied laughing.
She straight faced me.
"Thats not funny David, I thought I really hurt you." She said hitting me on my arm.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I told you i'm fine though baby."
I slowly leaned down and kissed her all over her face, and lips.
I embraced her in my arms, and she rested her head on my chest.

"I missed you so much."
"I missed you so much more. I was losing my mind without you." Amber replied.
"I can tell, them eye bags sitting on ten." I said laughing.
"Well obviously I couldn't get no sleep if I was up worried about you." Amber said fixing our plates.

"Thank you. I'm honestly grateful that you came to my rescue. No funny shit."
"I mean I'm grateful for them other niggas too, but YOU I was surprised a little. Thought you was gone leave a nigga hanging, literally."

"And why in the hell would I do that? I felt like something was off the moment you told me you was going to see her. I mean yeah, I've never been put in this position, but that didn't stop me from coming to find you." Amber said as she gave me my plate.

"But the real question is, what the fuck was Christine thinking?" Amber continued.

"I have no idea, but apparently this been her plan all along if she had those needles with whatever the fuck was in 'em."