Trolleys and Deception pt 2

There was a bit of back and forth between Arthur and Dutch, all of which was going in one ear and out the other with you.

Dutch then left cover, Lenny following after him while Arthur helped you onto your feet, snapping his fingers infront of your face when you zoned too far out,

"Focus on me, you'll get rest soon, I promise." Was it that obvious? Drowsily you narrowed your focus onto him, onto how his hand felt loosely holding you up as you almost stumbled forward.

Everything seemed more abstract than its usual definition, everything colliding together in a blur of colors as the quad ran through a small garden in the center of some apartments,

Arthur sat you down behind some cover, using it to fire at the police pinning them down. You ran a hand over your face, feeling a warm liquid over it and expecting it to be sweat. the dark crimson wasn't all that unexpected either.

It also seemed to sober you up quickly, your senses clearing enough to function almost normally, if it wasn't for the incredible pain you were bound to be in afterwards. Was adrenaline finally kicking in? Regardless, you unholstered your pistol, aiming out into the street to help.

Soon enough Arthur motioned for you to follow, leading you around the corner where more laid in wait, taking care of the one up on the balcony, the other three focused on the road,

"Okay boss lets go!" Lenny called out once the street clear enough, everyone hurried, rounding the corner to find more ahead and one pulling up from behind, Arthur was quick to take care of him though. Wasting no time the police were taken care of without a thought.

"Keep that wagon intact whatever you do!" Dutch commanded as Arthur and Lenny went up ahead, Dutch turned to you, placing a hand on your shoulder and almost missing.

"Y/N— Jesus you're bleeding,"

"I'll be fine Dutch, we're almost there, come on." The two ahead hurried and climbed into the front, while Dutch climbed into the back first and then helped you up.

"How are you two doing?" Lenny asked as he urged the horses forward,

"I took a real bang to the head I'm seeing three of everything," he admitted, "Y/N here ain't looking too good either,"

"I'm fine Dutch, it's just a scratch."

"Shit, well, do what you can I'll cover you." Arthur grumbled, turning around to shoot off the two riders tailing. Aiming was no problem, taking care of a few Arthur had missed or was in the process of reloading.

"Just head for the bridge!" Dutch shouted, and seemingly as soon as he said it the sound of the wagon changed, riding against the metal of the bridge instead of the stone roads,

"Shit they've blocked the road!" Lenny shouted,

"Here use this." Dutch passed forward up the lantern that sat in the back, wait, there was a lantern back here?

"Try to hit that Arthur!" He let out a grunt of acknowledgment as he aimed for the flying lantern, hitting it and blasting the barricade away. "And we're through."

Lenny didn't even let a silence fall before he asked "you see any more?"

"Just keep going kid, how are you two back there" Arthur grumbled, not waiting for a response before he turned onto his side, looking down at you before reaching pushing your head back slightly to see where the blood was coming from,

"Don't you start fawning over me now, it looks worse than it is."

"Ah come on you like it when I fawn over you." He joked, his laugh husky.

"Arthur!" You squeaked, shoving him back into his seat before your face turned further shades of red. What is this man doing to me... I swear.

Lenny pulled the wagon to a stop, looking around before letting go of the reigns, "I think we're clear."

Arthur was quick to get off, "you know what Dutch, next time, let's not damn discretion."

"Seemed like a good lead," Dutch shrugged, he had scooted down to the end of the wagon where Lenny joined him.

"I know but-"

"Well we made it, thanks to you." He patted Lenny on the shoulder, leaning slightly forward,

"Don't mention it." The kid chirped, you glanced over to Arthur who was counting the money,

"Don't bother counting me in that, it probably ain't even worth the hassle." Arthur looked over to you, nodding his head slightly,

"And we each got, save for Y/N, fifteen dollars," he handed over a stack to Dutch, "oh and a quarter. Don't forget the quarter."

"Shut up Arthur." Dutch said exasperated, you laughed once, a amused grin plastered onto your face. "He set us up. Played me like a yokel. Put the law on us, what did we do to him? What did I do to him." He had gotten up, walking around to the front of the wagon, you quickly got off. You wanted to speak with Arthur anyways.

"I guess he thinks he's the king round here, he don't want the likes of you so," he walked over to Dutch, "what are we doing next Dutch?"

"We just need money, one more decent take and we're gone. The bank is our bet, Hosea agrees."

"Even after that?" Arthur asked watching Dutch climb up into the wagon,

"Especially after that!" Dutch rocked into his seat, getting comfortable, "I don't feel so good,"

"Ah, you just got a bash on the head,"

"Come on Im taking you back to camp," Lenny said, ready to whip the reigns before Arthur interrupted him.

"You did good kid, just wish it could've turned out better."

"Well, can't win em all." Lenny said, stirring the wagon forward. Arthur glanced down to the ground, before turning to you,

"Why ain't you on the wagon?"

"I probably should be, but I want to talk to you." He straightened up, looking sort of alarmed,

"God it's nothing bad, well, yeah nothing bad."

"Okay, we can talk then."

"Good. Come along."