Talks and hearts

You both whistled for your horses,

"First things, never do that again, the, fawning over me infront of others, got it?" He nodded, swallowing rather loudly. Ethanol and his horse showed up, mounting up at the same time. you heaved a deep sigh.

"Shit I'm not good at apologies." You nervously laughed at yourself, turning your head towards him, "I'm sorry for avoiding you, I'm just.. real confused is all."

"Confused? I don't think I'm understanding." If what you were feeling was true, you had turned a few shades red when he met your gaze. Your nervousness bubbled over when you began laughing, turning away from him,

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh it's just!" You attempted to silence your laughter "oh Arthur," wiping your sweaty hands on your pants you looked back up to him, "I just needed a bit to figure things out."

You. IDIOT!!! why couldn't you have just confessed to lying!! Everything would've been so much easier if you just confessed!

"Well? Are you going to leave me in the dark?"

Nows better then ever! You can just apologize for lying and come clean and then boom! The guilt eating at you is gone!

But what if everything he's been doing has just been platonic. What if you ruin your relationship with him? Are you prepared to risk that? For what? A relationship that ends the second it leaves your mouth or months later when one of you dies.

"Hello? Y/N you've been awfully quiet, and you haven't answered me." You snapped your head to him, his gaze gentle, a soft frown gracing his rough features. Fuck it, now or never,

"Arthur I-"

"There you are! Hosea has been waiting in the gazebo." Javiers voice cut you off, and for some reason you felt relieved.

"I'll meet him shortly, thank you Javier,"

"Anytime." He chirped back,

"You were saying?" Arthur asked

"Another time, too many prying ears." He raised an eyebrow, but brushed it off with a glance,

"I'll see you later, you heard Javier." God you were about to be bold. Looking around you walked up to Arthur, pressing a kiss to his cheek before walking off.

Oh my god you just did that. Does that count as a confession? Will he get the hint? Holy shit you need to release this energy physically. It felt like you were about to explode. Instead you let out a breath, placing your hand on the back of your neck as you walked up the few steps,

"Hosea, you wanted me?" You winced at how your voice cracked,

"Yes actually," Hosea closed his book turning to you, "I had a few things I wanted to discuss, but I think you should clean yourself up and get some rest, Maybe get Grimshaw to look over you to make sure everything's fine."

"Of course you're the one to tell me to take care of myself. I guess I'll do it then, where's Grimshaw?" Hosea gestured over in a direction. parting with a nod, you began your search for Grimshaw, who actually seemed to be looking for you.

"There you are!" She barked, immediately starting to push you towards the nearest seat. She began her rough examination, a array of questions before laying off,

"Go get some rest, you seem fine." She declared, waving you off like a kid. You grumbled a yeah yeah as you fixed what she had messed up.  Your feet found themselves bringing you to Arthur's room, where you rested on his cot, finding your body give way to sleep.

His shuffling, combined with his warmth and crawling onto the cot behind you, was enough to wake you up. You let out a questioning hum, turning your head to look at him,

"Sorry for wakin you." He mumbled, pressing his face into your shoulder, his thumb finding a rhythm to running back and forth across your stomach,

"It's okay Arthur," you closed your eyes once more, "I've missed this." You mumbled out without a thought. He grumbled back a response unintelligible.

The sun happily greeted your unhappy face, casting its blinding rays down onto your eyes and making it near impossible to sleep facing that direction anymore. Turning, Arthur's sleeping face greeted yours, although moving had stirred him awake. He brought his hand up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before focusing back on you.

"I have a gift for you, I've been meaning to give it to you but you know how things been."

"A gift? I'm sure I'll love it. It's from you after all." Arthur quickly got up, reaching for his satchel and began digging through it. You took this time to sit up, swinging your legs over the side and watching him produce two gold rings out from his satchel. He then turned to you, sliding one ring on his own ring finger, before offering the other to you. His hands, which were usually rather steady, shook gently.

He was nervous giving this to you.

You held your hand out, and he quickly placed it on your own ring finger, "I made you a promise I intend to keep."

"Till death do we part, I'll hold you to that Mr Morgan." He raised an eyebrow at the name, but otherwise smiled, overjoyed at your response.

You held out your hand, admiring the gifted ring like it was an engagement ring.

"Maybe I should wear more rings, I think i like it."

"I can get you more, if that's something-"

"It'd be appreciated," you scooted closer and pulled him into a hug, "I'm never gonna take it off." He tensed as usual, but quickly returned the hug.

"You know you can say you don't like it." He mumbled,

"Arthur Morgan I am not a liar. Really. I love it." You said as you pushed away from him at arms length, staring him down.

"If you say so, I trust you." He settled back comfortably in his seat as you looked out the window,

"I need to go see Hosea to see what he wanted to talk about, Ill see you later." Taking the hand that wore the ring you gently pressed a kiss to it, giving him a warm smile before getting up to leave the room.

No matter what that ring was not coming off.