Thinking and Robbery

Leading Ethanol to the carcass, you bent down to pick it up, grunting as you managed to throw it over your shoulder, pivoting to place it on her. A couple of tugs of the rope later and you mounted up.

It was getting dark now, having rode out mid day. You would survive a night out. Digging your heels into Ethanol she broke out into a gallop. Your mind wandered back to encounter you had, the man who took a knife without any reaction. You glanced to the side, watching along the tree line. Maybe you were just paranoid now.

In the distance you could see a faint light through the trees, the camp looked quiet. Looking up to the sky, the stars covered it between the clouds. You'd have to face Arthur again and the thought alone made your palms sweaty. Running a hand through your hair you rode up to the entrance, greeting Javier as he stood watch.

Quickly dismounting you brought the deer over your shoulder again, grunting at its weight. Slowly you made you way over to Pearson's mimic of a kitchen. You placed the deer on the table, pulling out your knife to skin it, then placing it on the drying rack to let it bleed out.  You wiped the blood off the knife and sheathed it.

On the way over to your cot, you looked up to the balcony, seeing the Bottle of beer you had left up there still in it's spot, next to it, Arthur sat next to it glancing between the bottle and down to you. You furrowed you're brows as you stifled a laugh, waving to him. He raised his eyebrows before waving back. You then turned and went for your cot, today was short but that was probably because of you sleeping in.

You groaned as the sun hit your face, it's warmth comforting but difficult to sleep in. You sighed, fluttering your eyes open as you stared up into the sky, Squinting with your left from the sunlight. You sat up, stretching until you heard your back pop and in a great big motion you stood up.

What were you going to do today? The thought made you ponder as you walked through camp, taking a seat at the campfire. Running a hand over both eyes.  Pearson wandered over, taking a seat nearby, staring into the fire,

"Thanks for bringing and prepping that deer last night."

"It wasn't a problem, I was getting tired of being cooped up here, anyways." He eyed you for a moment before walking away, you took a deep inhale, your hands finding each other in comfort.

Standing up again, you walked to the edge where the mushy land met the swamp, you couldn't help but sigh. You couldn't suck up your pride and admit you lied to Arthur because you were scared, it's felt like a massive low blow. you were tipsy and let it out and it made you want to shrivel up inside regardless of how much you wanted to know his answer.

And it felt like you were avoiding him. You'd have to come clean eventually, especially with how strained your relationship with him felt.

So what if you were in love with him? It happens to everyone at one point, so who cares if he didn't like you back? Tough outta luck then.

"Yoo-hoo! You've been making an assortment of faces out into the water." Hosea waved his hand in front of your face, snapping you out of your thoughts and focusing on him,

"Shit- have I?" You flushed, embarrassed you hadn't noticed sooner.

"As funny as it was, I'm sure you didn't want the wrong audience teasing you for it." Hosea laughed, making you awkwardly chuckle along, "is something wrong—well—bothering you?"

"You have no idea," you turned back out to the view you had zoned out looking at and sighed, "I panicked and lied about something I probably shouldn't have."

"Is it about Arthur?" You spun back towards Hosea alarmed,

"Is it that obvious?" You quietly asked, straightening yourself back up, subtlety.

"It is," giving a forced laugh you turned away, placing a hand on the side of your neck. "Do it at your own pace, he'll wait for you." Hosea firmly patted your shoulder twice before turning and walking away, the brief interaction making you more confused on what to do.

"Man has me acting a fool, that's for sure." You mumbled, turning away from the bank, jumping slightly when Arthur caught you by surprise, "oh Arthur! You scared me."

"Sorry for startlin' ya, Dutch wanted me to grab you before we left."

"Right, what're we doin?"

"Robbing a trolley station, at least that's what dutch said."

"A trolley station?" You snorted in disbelief, "since when would dutch rob a trolley station?"

"Since Angelo bronte I guess." Arthur mumbled.

"The man who had Lil Jack? He's trusting him?" Arthur just shrugged, nodding. You didn't bother to glance over to know he was watching you, maybe trying to guess at something? You never were good at reading people. His gaze left you for his horse, mounting up seconds after you settled into the saddle of Ethanol.

Regardless of what the others said you knew he wasn't a dumb as he's made out to be, which begged the question. Did he already know? Did he know you had lied to him in a panic when you hadn't lied to him before? The feeling just made your stomach sink further. Was it bothering him? He obviously wanted to tell you something and the disappointed look he gave?

You hoped to never see it again.

Blinking the thoughts to the back of your mind, you turned to look at him, finding him already watching you out of the corner of his eye. Everything you wanted to say flew out the window and you only gave him a smile.

Maybe you'll talk to him afterwards.

A/N

You know the drill, Schools Been a pain in the ass on top of new interests and my Baddie of a Grannie I have just been so exhausted from everything, eenyway I hope y'all been doing good, I missed writing, I'm still on the fence about which path I'm gonna go, whether staying true to the game or changing events for a happier ending, who knows? Not me.

This is also at almost 800 views?? That's insane!! I mean I love Arthur as much as the next person but I wasn't expecting this to get that much attention!

If you have any little comments please do comment!! I love reading them and interacting even if it's sparse.

XxxX