Nightmares and Restock

You shot up, a sweaty panicky mess trying to control your breathing, you had no idea what time it was and by the look of it, only a couple of hours had passed. You glanced over to Arthur who slept oddly peacefully, a smile forming at the sight.

Awkwardly, you climbed over him, trying to not wake him as you got off the bed. You spared a glance to his journal, as much as you wanted to look in it you didn't want to invade his space. Plus it was fun asking him constantly.

You slipped out onto the balcony, looking out into the sky to see the stars before you walked around to look down at the camp, mostly everyone was asleep aside from a few that wandered quietly. The air had lost its heat, only blowing a gentle cool breeze through the trees and over the waters. The crickets and calls of wild life calming down your nerves until you became sleepy again. You returned back to Arthur's room, prepared to climb over him again only to find he was up and sleepily looking around presumably for you.

You laughed softly, walking over, "what are you doing up?" You asked quietly,

"I was going to ask you the same thing.." he mumbled, rubbing his eyes as he sat on the side of the cot.

"I just had a bad dream. That's all." He quietly hummed in response as you sat down next to him, he seemed to want to fall back asleep, "come on Cowboy, back to bed with you." You crawled over to the the wall as he laid his head down, turning around to look at you,

"You know, I don't mind this..." he mumbled, his eyes shutting as soon as he was comfortable, you gave him a questioning look,

"Mind what..?" You asked, hoping he was still awake enough to respond.

"This.." he mumbled, so quiet you almost misheard him.

"Whatever that means Cowboy." You bit back a laugh, eventually finding yourself able to sleep again.

With the light of the morning kicking in, you both were awakened rudely by the glow of the sun. You looked to Arthur, who hadn't moved much but was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with the hand he was laying on. He then pushed himself up, sitting up in one fluid motion.

"Mornin' Cowboy." You mumbled as you sat up, stretching and then bouncing off the bed, sliding your boots on as you made you way to the door.

"What in hell do you need to get to so fast." You heard Arthur grumble,

"Only the best thing ever, Coffee." You chirped in response, he gave you a questioning look before you hurried down.

Greeting some of the girls that were awake, you started off your day. Dutch stood next to you, staring absentmindedly at his coffee.

"What are you plannin' on doing today?" You asked, turning to him.

He hummed for a moment, thinking.

"I think today I'm going to have a nice chat with Bronte today, with Arthur and John."

"To get jack?" He nodded, you smiled, "I think everyone's eager to get him back."

"Of course (Y/N), We ALL want him back." Finishing your cup of coffee you nodded, turning away from him, Pearson had asked you to pick up supplies, which meant going into Saint denis. Your eyes glanced around the camp, eventually landing on Charles. He said he'd come along when Pearson asked.

As if he knew you locked eyes with him, getting a nod as he hurried over,

"You ready?" He asked, pausing in his path.

"Yeah come on, this wagon ain't gonna fill itself." He quickly laughed and followed you over to the wagon, taking the reigns from you, "hey! Do you not trust my drivin'?" You said, crossing your arms and leaning towards him.

"What! Of course I do I just..." he trailed off, looking the opposite way, you laughed, lightly hitting him on the shoulder, as he whipped the reigns.

"Relax, I'm just messing with you. We both know I suck a horses ass at drivin a wagon. I ain't sure what it is, maybe it's the wheels."

"Let's go with that." Charles let out a short laugh, the bridge to saint denis was now visible, the smog from the factories leaving trailed in the sky.

"I ain't never been a fan of the city, too many people and the air is so hard to breathe in I don't know how anyone does it."

"They're just accustomed to it I guess, ain't no really tellin what else it is," charles paused, looking to you, "Say, you and Arthur seem pretty close."

"Well, I don't see why not, he's a nice man no matter how many times he says he's rotten. I see the good in him. Plus he helped me way back then..." you trailed off, "why you mention it?"

"I was just thinking, now I ain't one to judge..." You blinked a few times, staring at him baffled as a blush spread across your face.

"I ain't got the faintest idea what you mean," you denied whatever he was implying, refusing to believe that it was possible. He raised an eyebrow when he spared a look to you.

"That's the look of a guilty man, (Y/N)." You huffed in response,

"Let's just hurry this up."

"As you wish," he said as he pulled the wagon to a stop, the general store stood right next to it. You both climbed down and then went into the store, handing over a list of everything the camp needed.

The clerk went and rounded everything up, you and Charles helping with loading the wagon up with everything.

When the final crate was settled into place, you thanked the clerk and got on, having already paid for everything beforehand. 

Charles had the reigns in hand already, the ride back was smooth sailing and you had no issues, yet for some reason your mind kept wandering back to Arthur.

A/N

So like... my bad, I Beenz.... into other stuff recently and Lowkey got sidetracked but like good news I posted 😗✌️ I actually start classes tomorrow which is mega ugh but whatever ya know. Also been busy helping out my grandma while she recovers from her arm surgery so that's fun.

Other stuff has been pokemon shield. Also totally going to post a Raihan x reader as soon as I'm done w this one cuz I will forget about this for eternity. Uh love y'all thx for the support so far even if it ain't that much, it just reminds me this shit exists lol.