Chapter 12 - The False Wedding

Together with newfound allies, Locke's quest will be made a little bit easier. As the four of them traverse the town of Tenzen, Locke fills them in on what they are looking for in the town.

 As the four of them traverse the town of Tenzen, Locke fills them in on what they are looking for in the town

"I see," said Concordia. "So, your sister told you to attend the wedding to see if you can find some clues leading to the Pale Mistress, correct?"

"That's correct," said Locke, having his arms clasped behind his head while gazing at the sky above. "Though, I wonder if the wedding will have a free banquet, since I haven't eaten in like forever and I'm broke."

"I'm pretty sure they will, but don't get your hopes up," Zell threw his two cents in. "The wedding is probably 'Invites only'."

"Muu..." Spheel cries as his little tummy is rumbling.

"Don't worry, my little one," Concordia assures her pet. "We'll get you some food!"

"You mean you, right?" said Zell, not wanting to have any to do with feeding the ball seal.

"Yes, me!" she exclaims. "...Jerk."

-----------------------------------

The cathedral located at the end of the town is the source of the liveliness in town. The bridesmaids, the best men, and even Isabella are attending the wedding. The townpeople are also invited as well.

As the quartet approach the gates to the cathedral, they meet a big dark-skinned man dressed in a black suit who acts as a guard. He looks at Locke and his new companions, "Do you three have a letter of invitation?"

"Wait, this is invite only?" questioned Concordia.

"Um, yeah," said the guard in the black suit. "And you have to be dressed for the wedding, too."

"We don't have...an invitation letter, hehe..." Locke laughs nervously.

"Then, get your asses out of here!!!" the guard shouted.

"Okay, okay!" Locke squirms. "Jeez...!" Locke and the others quickly goes on their way.

--------------------------------

Near the cathedral, behind an abandoned house, Locke and Concordia are scheming on how to get into the cathedral, while the aloof Zell stands there with his arms crossed. Spheel's tummy growls by the very second.

"Okay, I have a plan!" Concordia announces.

"This better be important..." Zell said.

"During my travels," she continues to speak. "I did learn some magic spells that can change your appearances."

"For real?" said Locke.

"Yeah! That's right!" she said. "I learned it from a girl named Penelle. She is part of the Mystic Guild, a group of mages who deals in magic and are enforcers of the natural order of things."