Chapter 3 - An Ancient Shadow Befalls Janne

The sky today is clear in the port town of Bloodberry, closest to the ocean with piers that have ships docked there. Pirate ships are also seen docked there as well. The country, Janne is known to attract pirates and never-do-wells. However, the richer parts of the country do not have to worry about them since they can afford the best security. The lower class unfortunately has to fend for themselves. Years of dealing with the never-do-wells have toughened up the civilians to the point that everyone in the country carries a weapon. The buildings are made of beige bricks and the central plaza has a beautiful water fountain with a giant sculpture of an eagle/lion hybrid. The white and blue pigeons are seen gathering around the fountain.

The people of Bloodberry are going about their usual business, shopping for items and weapons for their journey through the countryside. The people living in the slums keep to themselves, hoping not to anger the pirates. In the nicer parts of the city, there is a white building that is structured like a manor. On the stone mural in front of the building, it has a symbol of a red cross and words engraved in the stone that says, "Bloodberry Hospital"

Inside of the hospital, the nurses and doctors are helping the patients to their rooms. The more severely injured patients are being rushed to the emergency room by the nurses, using the stretchers to get them to the operating table. Seeing things like this is common in Janne when dealing with vagrants which always happen in the unsecured areas of the country.

Upon the third floor in Room 306, it has two windows and white curtains decorated on above them, the floor was made out of beige marble, and there is a bed that is a couple of feet away from the two windows. However, there is a young man who is currently resting on the bed with IVs in his left arm attached to a life support machine. This person is in fact Locke, the person who sailed the seas in search for answers on the Island of Woe. The life signs of the monitor show that he is stable. While he is asleep, he once again finds himself in the recurring darkness. The young man is seen standing, but he is unable to move.

"...Why can't I move?" said Locke. "Am I really dead?" The dark shade of a woman appears before him once again. Only this time, the darkness that shrouded her has dissipated, revealing a beautiful pale-skinned naked woman with soft lips and blond flowing locks that is very long in length. The top of her head has one small weave of hair curved upward. Her eyes are obscured in darkness.

"It's you again..." said Locke, frightened. "What do you want with me? Are you here to finish the job!?" The mysterious female entity says nothing as she smiles. She lifts up her hands, then a bright light begin to glow above her bosom. The light has materialized into a golden skull key.

"Here you go, my love..." she speaks softly to Locke as the key floats to him. His hands move by their own to accept the key.

"Don't keep me waiting..." she giggles.

Everything begins to fade to white as Locke awakens from his dream, breathing heavily. The middle-aged doctor and the nurses rush into his room when they heard the loud beeping of the machine.

"W-Where am I!?" Locke panicked, looking around frantically. He sits up to see his surroundings.

"Try to relax, okay," said the female nurse with ginger hair. Locke catches his breath and breathes slowly. Calming down a bit, Locke realizes that he is in a hospital bed when he notices the IVs in his hand attach the machine.

The doctor approaches Locke with his clipboard and notes to bring him up to speed on what has been going on with him. "I see that you have finally awake, Mr. Fairfield."

"How did I get here...?" Locke rubs his head. "The last time I remember swimming in the ocean and then I passed out."

He intentionally left out the part where he was running away from the evil entity on the accursed island for fear that they might scold him or worst.