Chapter 15 - Sacrifice

Locke, Phillip, and the others have cross over to the other side of the portal. The portal behind them disappears, leaving them stranded in this harsh world. Before the five of them could advance to the tower, they all see a giant astral projection of Vincent's face above the tower, laughing. "Well, well, I didn't expect you and your friends to find this place! Hahahaha!"

"Where is Magdelene!?" Phillips demands an answer.

"You still don't get it, do you?" Vincent sneers. "She belongs to me."

"Why you!?" Phillip says, clenching his right fist.

"So, you're Vincent," Locke chimes in. "Can't say I like cowards who abuse animals and kidnap women."

"Once people find out about your scheme," Isabella sternly chastises Vincent. "They are going to put you behind bars for good!"

Vincent of course, laughs at the idea, "Hahahahahahaa! Do you think that the townspeople of Tenzen will side with you? Think again! They have already pledge their allegiance to Mistress Blanche!"

"What!? No!" Isabella gasps in terror.

When Locke hears that name, he begins thinking about the mysterious woman and the name etched onto the golden coffin, 'So, they ARE connected after all.'

"You're not going to get away with this!" Phillip shouts in anger.

"Why don't you entertain us and fight your way to the top?" Vincent smirks. "That is if you have the balls to face me." Soon, the astral projection of Vincent has fade away.

"Looks like we will have reach the top of the tower," said Phillip. "Let's go!" Phillip leads the way to the tower as Locke, Isabella, and Zell readies themselves for combat.

--------------------------------

When they entered the tower, Isabella notices a spiral staircase, leading upward. Just as the five of them are about to take the stairway to the top, two beams of light descends from out of nowhere. Appearing from the light are two hulking demonic knights with spiked shoulder pads. The red armored knight is armed with an axe, while the blue one is armed with a spear.

"Isabella and I will take the red one on!" Zell says, getting in his fighting stance.

"Well then, I guess that means Phillip and I get to fight the blue guy," said Locke, getting ready to fight alongside Phillip.

"Muu!" said Spheel, wanting to join in the fight.

"Are you saying that you want to fight as well?" asked Locke.

"Mu!" Spheel nods.

"I see you want to help since your owner is in danger," said Locke. He is reluctant at first, but he understands where the ball seal is coming from. "Alright, you can fight with us!" Spheel rejoice as Locke and the others begin to fight against the demonic knights.

Locke, Phillip, and Spheel do battle with the blue knight, while Zell and Isabella takes care of the other one. The knights have proved to be too strong for them. Continuing to attack them head on is futile.

"I have an idea!" said Isabella. "I'm going to concentrate my ice magic to your sword!"

"Go ahead!" said Zell, leaping into the air to perform a downward strike with his sword. Isabella cast an ice magic spell on Zell's sword to maximize the damage.

 Isabella cast an ice magic spell on Zell's sword to maximize the damage