5.6

-voting is helping me

HER EYES WERE WATCHING THE BLONDE WITH MUCH INTEREST AS HE WAS TYPING WHO KNOWS WHAT ON THAT DAMN COMPUTER

Nanami was an workaholic as Y/N saw it, yet he hated to work overtime and was always tired of hearing about work or anything related. But maybe exactly that was making her mind wonder a bit too much over his persona.

"Could you stop staring? I'm trying to finish this project" he said in a low groan, irritated by her actions

The woman was surely enjoying toying with his nerves and playing with his mind and body, so she did what knew best, irritate the man until he broke.

"Oh Nanami, faster" she moaned as she bended over his desk, trying to catch his attention

"Stop acting like a child" he sighed, not even minding her reckless actions

"You're no fun" she whined as she moved to the book shelves, looking for who knows what

The woman was more and more intrigued by Nanami as he was the first to act so coldly and resist so much to her charms. It was interesting to her to say the least, but she couldn't lose her purpose and focus on a mere man. After all she came all this way for something completely different, she had no intention in living her life like this. Having a job, a place to call home, a lover...all these things were simply not meant for her. She was damned for eternity and she knew she was not going to fool herself by thinking even for a second that she could truly be happy as she was right now.

"When are you done?" she asked all of a sudden as she straightens her back and pat down her clothes

"I plan to finish by 5, I really hate working overtime"he sighed

Nanami was very consistent about his needs and wishes. He was always so sure about everything he did, it was almost as if he had his entire life already calculated and he was just following according to his schedule. She couldn't help but wonder if he ever had the chance to truly have fun.

"Do you like bread Nanami?" she asked as she grabbed her coat from the hanger

"Why are you asking such things all of a sudden?"his green eyes were still focused on the computer

"I will assume you do, you look like the type that likes bread" she hummed "I'll be out for a bit, take it as my lunch break if you want" she informed him as she grabbed her lighter from the small coffee table and placed it inside her pocket

It was a cold and windy day, the clouds were filling the sky, sign that the rain was yet to come. Her body was covered and protected by the warmth of her autumn coat, but she still felt a coldness she couldn't understand.

The door to the bakery opened with a small bell ring as her heels made a clacking sound on the marble floor. Her eyes glanced over the baked goodies from the display, thinking what could intrigue the man.

"Give me two cream filled buns and a small batch" she said as she emptied her pockets for some spare cash

"That will be 7.89$" the teenage girl that worked behind the cashier said as she handed the woman the bread

Y/N didn't have much money on her, she was far away from her pay-check and as Toji left her nothing more than the apartment, she was pretty much broke. Every day she ate out of the same bag of chips and drank the same cheap red wine that she bought from the corner store. It was indeed a miserable life she lived, but death was not an option for her.

She lit herself a cigarette as she looked upon the sky, listening to the loud thunders and examining the grey coloured pattern of the clouds.

"What a shame" she sighed as she let the toxic smoke blew past her red coated lips

She didn't like the rainy weather, it brought back memories she didn't want to remember, happy faces and laughs that never seem to end, it was all like a facade that laughed in her face, each and every time they played before her eyes.

The cigar hit the ground as she stomped on it, not bothering to notice the small water drops falling down. She had to hurry, or she would get soaked.

The door to his office opened with the usual creak as she stepped inside. Small pools of water forming behind her as she made her way to the hanger to put her coat to dry.

"You're soaked" he remarked as he watched the woman cough a few times from the cold water that was absorbed in both her hair and clothes

"I didn't have an umbrella" she said as she handed him the bag with bread "I got two cream buns"

But Nanami didn't even flinch over the bag, instead he grabbed a small towel he kept in one of the drawers from his desk and started patting her shoulders and hair with it, attempting to dry her off.

"You will catch a cold. Maybe you should leave early today" he was worrying for her or maybe simply worrying about how her not feeling well would affect her job, either way she felt warm all of a sudden

"It's still raining, that would only make it worse" she laughed

"You shouldn't have left when it was clear that it will rain" he scolded her

He always seemed to scold her like a little child over the smallest things. But she didn't dislike it, she somehow felt comforted even by that.

"You should hurry up and try the bun. It's sweet! I always got it from there" she opened her own cream bun as the towel was still draped over her head

He watched as she ate the small bread filled with cream. It was as if she didn't do any of those things before, she looked so peaceful and satisfied that she was far from resembling the same woman that made him act so reckless on his job a fee days back.

"Why did you do it?" he asked her all of a sudden

"Huh?"

"Why did you try to kill yourself in my office two days ago? And the answer can't be testing me"

____________
long time no update haha...i am back since the idea started flowing again