Six

(Running out of gifs)
Margaret

I sat with Eugene in the mess hall getting lunch. I sighed and took a drink from the flask I took from Joe.

"You might want to slow down there Maggie," he commented.

"It helps control pain Eugene," I sighed and took another bite of food to level out the alcohol.
Some of the Easy boys pushed the door open.
I got up but leaned onto the table for support.

"Where are you going?" Eugene asked.

"Need to go make sure Joe's okay," I sighed and flinched every time I came down on my left side.
I walked out and down the grass path.

"Mags!" Joe waved and jogged over to me.

"Hey," I put my hand on his shoulder and leaned onto him.

"Oh Maggie darling," he picked me up.

"Joseph I'm fine," I took his helmet.

"Bull shit Margaret you just limped over here then put all your weight on me." He argued.

"I hate how stubborn you are," I rolled my eyes as he carried me back to his barracks.

"Woah Woah Lieb not in here," the boys called as we walked through and he laid me on my right side.

"Shut it you bastards I'm just changing so I can go get some food with her." He huffed I stole glances at him as he stripped his uniform. God he was so sexy, literal washboard abs. I chewed on my lip watching him intensely.

"Like what you see," he winked and clicked his tongue.

"Shit," I turned away covering my eyes.

"No I'm just jokin Mags," he smiled and picked me back up, "Did you eat already?"

"Yeah but I'll sit with you," I put my arm around his shoulder.

"Nah it's okay let's go hang out in your barracks. It's cleaner and doesn't stink." He chuckled.

"Are you sure you need all you can get?" I looked at the brown-haired boy.

"Yeah, Eugene has chocolate stashed. I hope I get to carry you to bed like this every day when we go home," He pushed open the canvas and set me down on the bed.
He lit a match and lit a gas lantern lighting up the place.

"Were many men injured?" I asked him, he leaned over on the bed undoing his boots before helping me get mine off.

"Yeah...let's just. I don't wanna talk about it." He sighed setting our boots and socks on the floor.

"Sorry Joe," I sighed mentally facepalming.

"No it's fine Mags," he sighed and tucked my hair behind my ear.
"You never told me your age," he spoke up.

"19," I paused 19 in love with this man that I met at war.

"20," he nodded looking at me. I looked down and he rolled me over which took me by surprise.
I smiled and kissed him he kissed down my neck.
I moaned into his ear.
That seemed to excite him, "Can we? Do you want to?" He asked, his hot breath so close to me sent shivers down my spine.

"Yes, please Joe please," I begged looking at him. He smirked and slid my shirt off. He kissed down my neck and to where my bra started.
I stared up at him as he undid the white lace.
How could he make me feel so good?

        "Welcome to Belgium boys and Margaret," the driver opened the back of the truck.

"It's too cold for this place to be hell," Malarkey whined. I leaned into Joe, it was so cold there.

"Take my jacket," he began.

"Absolutely not Joseph Liebgott." I scolded him. He sighed and we wandered about just us.
After the other night, I was starting to feel better and they let me go back out in the field.
We started setting up tents as they started fires.

"Maggie sweetheart," Joe called from where I was sitting on a fallen log.

"Yeah?" I got up walking over to him.

"Can you help me set up this last tent?" He looked up at me. I nodded and helped him set up.