Twenty-Three

Fluff Joe X Maggie alphabet challenge.

A= age: do they want to be together forever.
Absolutely, there's no one Joe would rather be with. He loves Maggie with all his heart. Maggie loves Joe more than anyone else.

B= Bath: do they share baths/showers
Joe and Maggie will take as much time as they can get now that they have four little Liebgotts.
So if that means taking a hot shower or bath together they will. It reminds Joe a lot of sharing a shower with her while they were deployed.

C= Commitment: are they committed to each other? What do they expect from each other?
They are, Joe and Maggie want to spend the rest of their lives with each other.
Joe and Maggie try not to expect a lot from each other as they both work busy jobs and juggle four kids.

D= Dance: Do they dance together?
That's one of their favorite activities late at night after the kids are tucked in and asleep.
Maggie loves to turn on her favorite vinyl and slow dance or swing dance with Joe in their huge living room.

E= Energy: are one of the more hyper?
Joe calmed down more after the war, becoming the family man he always wanted to be. But he greets Maggie at the door every day after her shift at the hospital.

F= Folklore: what's their favorite fairytale?
Joe and Maggie were both fascinated by ghosts and loved to spook themselves at night. Joe loved to hide and jump out at Maggie for kicks and giggled.

G= Game: What kind of games do they like to play?
Joe and Maggie love to get together with the Easy company men and have poker nights. It's what they did at war for fun.

H= Holidays: what holidays do they love spending together?
Maggie's first formal Hanukah with Joe and Eliza in Frisco is one she'll never forget. Teaching Eliza how to light a menorah, exchanging gifts to each other every night of Hanukah. On the eighth day, Joe had saved up and got Maggie a necklace engraved with their names on it. She'd always wear it and never took it off.

I=If: if something were to happen to one of them?
Joe and Maggie were always scared if they'd live another day while fighting in the European theater.
After Joe watched Maggie get shot in Bastogne he wanted to protect her. Vice verse with Joe.
Joe doesn't know what he'd do if his wife died before he did.

J= Judgment: how does one react when the other is judged?
Joe will not even hesitate to call someone out for making a judgmental look at Maggie. Even if Maggie is embarrassed by it. Maggie is the same in some ways. As she hates seeing Joe have hurt feelings.

K=Kiss: who initiates the kiss? How do they kiss?
Maggie initiated the first kiss after Joe was shot in Holland. But those two don't shy away from holding back kisses. They always share a quick kiss before Joe leaves for work in the morning. Along with long romantic kisses. Maggie loves being kissed on the neck while Joe likes being nibbled on.

L= Looks: what do they like about each other?
Joe of course loves Maggie's boobs, they're soft just like he likes. But that's not what it's about. He loves Maggie's green eyes and her freckles all over her face. Maggie loves Joe's crooked smile, he was self-conscious about it at times but Maggie adored it. She also loved Joe's nose.

M= Muscles: does one of them show off their muscles?
Joe likes to let Maggie know that he can be a tough family man. So if that means carrying all four kids to bed then he'll do it. He loves to carry Maggie anywhere. He carries her to bed every night as he promised.

N= Nature: do they spend time outside a lot?
One of the Liebgott family's favorite places is baker beach. It has a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Joe and Eliza can swim why Maggie builds a sandcastle with the twins and Joey. They love the beach.

O= Our: what's their special thing?
Maggie and Joe's special thing is how they read their comic books together on the floor of their grand living space. Every Friday when the new comic book comes out Joe picks it up on his way home from work and they read it together after putting the kids to bed.

P=Past: something from the past that reminds them of each other.
Joe and Maggie still wear their dog tags even after the war. It's a part of their history that's important to them. While laying in bed Maggie finds herself playing with Joe's dog tags.

Q= Quote: what's a quote that always sticks with one or both of them.
Maggie won't ever forget when Joe was telling Webster about his ideal life after the war and said "A big house with lots of rooms for all the little Liebgotts we'll be making." Maggie wanted to spend the rest of her life with Joe and all the kids.

R=Rain: a moment they shared in the rain.
When Maggie thinks of rain she thinks of her and Joe's first real date after the war. It was at Embarcadero, a lookout point with benches.
They were watching the sunset there when they got caught in the rain. Maggie and Joe decided to make it a romantic memory and share a long, loving kiss.

S=Smooth: taste/texture/pickup line?
Joe always loved how Maggie had a candy, fruity taste to her when they kissed. That's why he loved kissing her so much. Sure he always tastes like cigarettes but she loved him.

T=Token: something one gives the other that's special.
Maggie's special token is the necklace with her and Joe's birthstones and initials that she received for Hanukkah from him. She held it close it was her favorite thing ever.

U=Uplift: what's one way that one of them uplifts the other when they're down.
Joe had learned that talking about how happy he was and how he loved spending every day of his life with her always made her feel happy. Whether if she was upset from a nightmare or had a bad day at work. Joe knew how to fix it.

V=Vows: what were their Vows?
Their vows were both short and sweet (find them in chapter 17) Joe was the most stubborn person Maggie had ever met. But they made it work when they were together.

W=Wish: a wish they had.
Joe wished on every shooting star he could find that Maggie would love him forever. Maggie always wished she would make it home safe with Joe while she was at war.

X=Xylophone: their song.
My Heart Is Buried In Venice by Ricky Montgomery.

Y=Yes: How they got asked to marry.
(Proposal chapter 11) it was right after Eliza was born and they had to send her to the states. Joe asked Maggie to marry him in a rundown old house in France.

Z=Zoo: Pets?
Joe wants a dog more than anything while Eliza does as well. Maggie wants to get one once the twins are older.

&: they have too many things planned.
Maggie and Joe had weddings to travel for, for Nixon, Luz, Webster, you named it they were there. They had a lot to deal with, with getting the kids to one of the grandparents. It always seemed like too much.

!=Surprise: one surprises another with something.
Maggie knew she couldn't top the gift Joe got her for Hanukah. So she arranged and got some of Joe's favorite liquor from when they were overseas.