I drool in my sleep (Percy)

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka said.

"Well," Aang replied. "I know it's near water."

Sokka looked down at the endless ocean below us. "We're getting close then."

I sighed. The four of us, well, five, if you included Appa and six if you included the lemur we had recently adopted, had been flying for hours. I was bored. I had already studied all the maps, practiced waterbending, fighting, and played so many practical jokes on the others that everyone who wasn't Aang was mad at me. Now there was nothing to do. Aang said we were sailing to an island with a bunch of giant fish we could ride, which sounded fun, but we were completely lost at this point.

"Hey Katara, check out this airbending trick," Aang said.

I watched lazily as he caused some marbles to spin around. How thrilling.

Katara didn't look up from her sewing. "That's great, Aang."

"You didn't even look," Aang sulked.

"That's great, Aang," Katara repeated, giving him the barest glance.

"Now I'm not doing it."

"Stop bugging her, airhead," said Sokka. "You need to give girls space when they do their sewing."

Katara pursed her lips in annoyance. "What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?"

"Simple. Girls are better at fixing pants than guys and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that. It's just the natural order of things."

"All done with your pants," Katara smirked. "And look what a great job I did!"

Sokka looked at the ripped pants in horror. "Wait, I was just kidding. Katara, please! I can't wear these."

Aang laughed. "Don't worry Sokka. Where we're going you won't need pants."

————————

Land! Sweet, beautiful land. We were on an island, a beautiful one full of pine trees. I know this sounds crazy, but I hadn't really seen a pine tree before I went there. The South Pole didn't have many trees, so a whole forest of these weird-smelling ones fascinated me.

Of course, Sokka had to be the wet blanket.

"We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?"

"He's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring." Katara, to my annoyance, agreed with her brother.

"Oh come on," I said. "We've been flying for hours. We've covered more than enough ground."

"Besides," Aang chimed in. "Appa's tired, aren't you boy?"

"Yes," I said patted the giant bison. "He's absolutely exhausted."

Appa gave a grunt that wasn't particularly tired sounding.

"Really convincing," Sokka grumbled. "Still, hard to argue with a ten-foot magical monster."

"Look!" Aang pointed to the shore.

We watched in amazement at the giant koi that began to emerge from the water, leaping and jumping into the air before landing with a graceful splash.

"That's why we're here," Aang said, pulling off his clothes. "Elephant koi, and I'm gonna ride it. Katara, you've got to watch me."

" I'm riding too," I decided. A giant koi jumped out of the water, and the landing splashed me. I swallowed. "On second thought, maybe I'll just stick to splashing in the water."