8

a/n my chapters have been dissapointing lately- at least jungkook has personality in this book ig ✋😭

____

Jimin rolls his eyes with a loud sigh, dropping onto his sequined chair, and Jungkook pulls up a chair as well, opening the script on his phone.

"Can you not?". Jimin snaps.

"Huh?".

"Your breathing so loudly, oh my God. It's throwing me off.".

Jungkook's mouth drops.

"Are you serious? You have a problem with me breathing now?!".

"It's mostly your presence that's pissing me off, actually.'. Jimin retorts, wrinkling his nose.

"I swear to God, I get you're salty about that scene and the fact you had to compliment me back for the behind-the-scenes video, but it's not a good time to throw a fit.".

Before Jimin can retort anything, he plugs his headphones in, opening Twitter instead. But just to his annoyance, everything on his Feed is about their drama, one fan tweeting that Jimin is such an icon with his sequined chair and countless on-set selfies.

Jungkook's tempted to reply with "i mean, you do you, but i personally don't think the gay asian reincarnate of Sharpay from high school musical is an icon.". But he doesn't, mainly because of that stupid agreement.

He was willing to play nice for a little, but given that Jimin would do the same. He certainly didn't sign up to almost be outed to the world and have to fake smiles while Jimin gets to be his usual, bitchy self.

"You know I hate this just as much as you do, right?" He says, pulling a headphone out.

"What?".

"This entire situation. I know neither of us want to act like we like each other and pretend to be friends and have people think we're dating and shit, but can you just try to make this easy for us?".

Jimin rolls his eyes, running a hand through his hair.

"Fine, whatever. Sorry for getting mad at you. Are you happy now?".

Jungkook pauses. Apologizing isn't something Jimin does, so he should just accept it. Even when it's rude, it means he's somewhat sincere but doesn't want to admit it.

"Not really, but it's fine. Just, like, don't snap at me randomly.".

Jimin rolls his eyes again with a huff, and plugs his own AirPods in.

"We're supposed to meet up tonight or whatever. Come whenever you want, take some pictures, and I want you to leave after that.".

"Aren't we supposed to-".

"I fucking know we need to bond or crap, but I have a... friend coming over. Come a little later. Or not. I don't care.".

_____

Jungkook's surprised to see that the door to Jimin's apartment is open, probably because he was ringing the doorbell so annoyingly the last time. Figures.

His jaw drops as he makes his way to Jimin's room, blinking slowly before it hits him.

Park Jimin, you whore.

He's tempted to throw the doors open and embarrass him, but it seems a little mean.

But not too mean. Jimin would probably do the same if it were him. And something about it, how Jimin called whoever's over a "friend", how he's able to hear them through the walls just invokes some inexplicable fury in him as he throws the door open, gulping at the sight.