10

a/n pls i thought i updated a week ago but it's been almost three i- might wanna reread chapter 9 bc even i forgot what happened-

_____

All the other scenes are honestly just as awkward as the kiss scene, even though they're barely having any physical contact. It's just their characters being as awkward as they are, and it's driving Jungkook insane that it's been a month since their argument and Jimin hasn't even tried talking to him.

Something about the way he speaks about the bad side of the industry makes him feel like there's more to Jimin than he likes to show, but if there were, he'd never know. It feels like they're arguing more, every time Jungkook tries to think that maybe it's not as bad, Jimin will randomly flip him off if he offers to buy him coffee, and get mad when Jungkook does the same when he goes into the makeup room when it's clearly Jungkook's turn.

The only reason they're not at each other's throats all the time is because of the public, even in their little bonding sessions all they do is argue, apologize for past arguments and sit in silence, trying to ignore the other and the fact that because of this show, they've locked lips more than once.

And as little as Jungkook wants to admit it, he did get carried away the first time. For a while, all he could think about whenever he saw Jimin was those soft lips, the breathless moan that escaped his lips and how goddamn gorgeous he looked that day.

He's trying to ignore it, because as much as he denies it, he's terrified. He's terrified that Yoongi's right. That his stupid, lustful thoughts will turn into something else.

And Jimin's the same. He can't look at Jungkook without remembering his taste and soft curls and the way he kissed him so eagerly.

So, they both reacted the same. Ignoring each other, Avoiding each other, Nitpicking everything the other did to remind themselves of how much they hated the other. More middle fingers and argument and fuming, all to remind themselves that no, they certainly didn't think anything of each other. The others noticed too, that it's gotten so much worse, with arguments even on camera and snapping at each other, Jungkook calling Jimin a slut and a whore and Jimin dragging Jungkook for not having worked for anything he has, then they ignore each other for a while until they have something new to start an argument about, rant to Jin or Namjoon about how angry they are and how they hate each other so much.

Seokjin still remembers how Jimin screamed and slammed a door when he asked him if this is just a distraction and if he might like Jungkook, and Taehyung remembers the way Jungkook shouted that he would never feel anything for the bitchy, useless, lazy, slutty piece of shit that's Park Jimin.

But the thing is, they're not always like that. Sometimes, they hang out without their managers having to remind them, and suddenly, everything's fine and they laugh and have fun, but once one remembers how much they enjoyed their time, the fond memories turn bitter.

So, essentially, everyone gave up.

Around their friends, of course, both are absolutely precious and sweet, but the second Jungkook walks over to greet Taehyung, Jimin snaps at him and tells him he isn't invited, if Jimin stops to wave at Seokjin at shootings, Jungkook tells him to go home and slut himself away to some other idol, and another argument follows.

They're both honestly tired, but they won't admit it.

_____

"So...". Namjoon starts, sitting down next to Seokjin.

"Mhm?".

"God, I need some rest. Schedules, comebacks and Jimin and Jungkook are fucking me up at this point.".

Seokjin sighs.

"I don't get them. Thing is, they were doing well at one point, Like when they were hanging out, they forgot that they're supposed to hate each other ad took a bunch of pictures and watched movies together, but then the next day you ask Jungkook how Jimin's doing and he snaps back at you adn asks why the fuck he would know.".

"I know.". Namjoon says, nudging him lightly. "They'll figure it out.".

"At this point, I doubt it.".

"Well, we should try to let them sort it out on their own. Other than your best friends trying to kill each other, how's life for you?".

"Pretty decent.".

Namjoon hums in agreement, taking a sip of his coffee.

"You?". Seokjin asks.

"Also decent. Just a bit stressed, honestly.".

"I get that. How's the love life?".

"Other than the fact I haven't gotten dick in over two months, still terrible. Unrequited love. Dispatch. Reader X Namjoon fanfiction. You know it.".

Seokjin laughs, leaning against Namjoon with a grin.

"Felt. Who's the unrequited lover?".

Namjoon feels a blush creep up his cheeks and looks down quickly.

"Oh, uh...".

"I'm your best friend, Joon, just tell me.".

"Uh, you see-".

"What?". Jin pouts. "I'm your bestie, you can tell me everything. I do, too.".

Namjoon laughs at the doe eyes he's making at him and rolls his eyes.

"Aegyo isn't gonna work on me, Jin, You're almost thirty.".

"Okay, fuck off.".

They both laugh quietly, and Jin looks up at Namjoon with a grin.

"I'll wait 'till you tell me when you're drunk, then. See you around!".