Chapter 29

Lewd noises bounce off the tile walls.

Hands slipping on cold, hard tile, a futile and fruitless attempt to grab and hold on to something and nothing at the same time. Heat seeps out his pores, boiling deep from his core, stony concrete feels like butter melting under his fingertips, knees buckling beneath him. Heartbeats loud echoing in his head, constricting his throat. He wants to be buried in the ecstasy forever, held tightly against the other, losing himself in fiery desire, his guilty pleasure.

"Baby?.."

".. Huh?"

Taehyung snaps out from a daze feeling a tug on his fingers. He was sitting across this girl dining at a nice five-star restaurant. The last thing he vaguely remembers was her voice fading into a blur when droplets condensed outside the glass of his water goblet sucked him back to the night he had with Seokjin at the center.

He clears his throat noticing how stiff his body had become, eyes trained at the goblet tightly held in his hand, fingertips gone white, arm rigid resting on the table.

"So.. Really? Next Saturday?" Cho asks as if Taehyung was listening to whatever she said. As if he said yes, well maybe he subconsciously did, he doesn't really know. He recalls her going on about how she's gained more followers on an app he doesn't even care about.

"Yeah, sure." He says, undoing one button by his collar and waving his shirt to cool himself, then picks up the goblet.

"Oh, my god... My dad will be thrilled to meet you!!" Cho squeaked, clapping her hands together then bringing them to cover her lips with stars flashing brightly beneath her eyes. At this time, Taehyung was drinking some water and choked.

"Y-your dad?" he asks wiping water from his chin with a table napkin.

"Yeah, silly. He says he wanted to meet you.. Probably because I talk about you a lot.. Hmm.. Maybe too much.. Ahh.. he loves that about me anyway! He says he wants to make sure you're the one. He's pretty impressed that I'm finally dating someone responsible enough that has a decent job that even has his own car, and to top all of that, so handsome! One look at our photo and he could not believe you weren't a player.. So he told me he wanted to meet you... My mom though, she's pretty excited.. She's already talking about motifs.. She gets easily stirred.. You know.. My aunt owns a bridal shop and celebrities flock to get themselves fitted. I'm nearing the end of my 20's and my mom keeps nagging me. She's pretty expectant.. Telling me my eggs won't last long.. Oop!" Cho covers her mouth hearing herself, blushes a bright pink. She looks up and giggles at Taehyung's expression.

Taehyung was a deer caught in headlights forcing himself to smile. An uneasy feeling builds in his gut, a familiar crawling down his skin, that chill in his spine. Was she seriously dropping hints about marriage? Or did she just talk out loud like she sometimes does? They were just months in with their relationship, she couldn't be serious.

They haven't even confessed their feelings about each other yet... If there was even any to confess, in Taeyhung's case.

"Sorry, that wasn't supposed to come out.. Ahh.. embarrassing.." Cho says smiling and tucking hair behind her ears.

Taehyung smiles uneasily, quickly slides his fingers to hers on the table. He should say something. Warn her maybe? She was getting too way ahead of herself. Sure, his dad always asked him about a serious relationship, maybe a grandson, but he wasn't ready for all of that, not again, not yet.

"So, about Saturday?" He asks and she squeezes his fingers between hers with a satisfied smile.

"My dad says he'll have a reservation at a restaurant one of his golf buddies own... He expects us to be there around 7 pm.." she goes on.