Chapter 4 - Straight

"Hyung, look. When you press on this button longer then make him jump, you will reach the other slab."

Seokjin grunts, moving his hands and entire body to the right trying to have Simba jump to the next stone above him as he held his phone with both hands.

Namjoon walked in on Taehyung's apartment seeing the two sitting close together on the couch. Taehyung's right arm rested around Seokjin's shoulders as both their eyes were glued on the elder's phone screen, their cheeks a few inches away from each other. Namjoon sighs, it was just ridiculous to see the two bicker about a childish video game, but he was used to his friends being like this. One wouldn't even come to think that they were actual doctors if they only met them in a casual setting. You wouldn't believe Seokjin was actually a surgical mentor because of how passionate and competitive he becomes with his video games. Namjoon proceeded to the kitchen counter and poured himself a glass of water, the two didn't even notice his presence. He continued watching them after drinking his water as their heads bobbed silently along the digital lion's motion on the smartphone, the "boing, boing" sound from it was the only sound in the space now that the two were so focused on it.

"Aaaargh!! Noo." Seokjin groans as Simba fell beneath the rocks once again with that defeated cue music from the game in the background.

"I told you.. Let me.." Taehyung says trying to reach for Seokjin's phone as the other moved it away from him making Taehyung wrap his arms around Seokjin as he tried to take the phone.

"Just.. One.. more.." Seokjin struggles as he pressed the phone for a new game.

Taehyung suddenly sat back defeated, "Hyung, may I please play?" he asks lips down turned looking at Seokjin.

"Okay then." Seokjin says immediately handing over his phone to Taehyung as the other smiled wildly.

Namjoon snorts. "At this point, if he asks to have your car you might give it to him." he says, dimples popping out from smiling, folding his arms on his chest amused at the two.

Seokjin cursed beneath his breathe. "Damn it Namjoon-ah, you could have said something! Are you trying to give me a heart attack??" Seokjin bellowed with a hand on his chest.

Taehyung was unfazed, eyes trained on the phone in pure concentration as the sound of winning sang from the device.

Without looking up he asks, "You really think so?" with a serious tone, eye brows furrowing on the phone as he was about to reach the next round, licking his lips.

"Yeah, ask him to finish up your reports and I think he might even do it." Namjoon says walking to them.

Taehyung chuckles.

"Yah! Don't give him any ideas." Seokjin barked snatching the phone abruptly from Taehyung's hands as he stood up straightening his suit eliciting a loud whine from the other.

"Ah! Hyung! I was so close!" Taehyung complains as he stood up following the two walk out of his apartment.

"Only I will have the authority to level up on this game, it's my phone. Just download it on yours." Seokjin sassed not looking back at Taehyung as he approached Namjoon now making their way to the door.

"But, it's more fun on your phone." Taehyung retorts as he quickly pressed buttons to lock his door after them.

"Please stop talking about this children's game. You're totally distracting me from getting in the mood for tonight." Namjoon grumbles.

The two paused and raised their eyebrows at him.

"What? Just because I have a wife and a son, doesn't mean I can't have fun. Plus, I need to be home by 11:00 so let's just get there quick." Namjoon defends.