Chapter 7 - Transducer Probe

"H-hello." A patient peeks her head inside Taehyung's office.

"Hey, come in." Taehyung gestures as he smiles kindly and faced his monitor.

The patient timidly walks in clutching onto her backpack as she sits down on a chair in front of his desk.

Taehyung exhales as he clicked off a previous patient's chart and pulled up the new one's. He's glad he hired an assistant out front to document the patient's information immediately so he didn't have to ask the routine questions and just read over them. It made everything a bit faster plus he had someone who could help him fend off unwanted advancements from some patients.

"So.. Liu?" Taehyung asks as she nods in confirmation. He continued to read her data about her name and age. She was 28 and seems pretty healthy. She didn't drink or smoke so much and Taehyung wondered if she was coming in for birth control or pills. He didn't finish reading her file yet as he felt distracted with her staring at him.

"Uhm, what can I help you with?" he cleared his throat and smiles looking at the patient.

"Dude, you are so handsome." She comments with unblinking eyes and mouth hung loose.

"Oh, thank you. You look beautiful too." Taehyung smiles. He received compliments quite often and easily gave them back. These weren't so bad. Nothing to be in defense for.

"More like handsome, too. But thanks." She says grinning and Taehyung chuckled through his nose.

"Uhm.. so. I don't really want to come here but my mom told me to. Okay, well. Maybe I am also concerned. See, I haven't had my period in the last five years." She sighs.

Taehyung's brows lift to his hairline and he looked back at her record on his monitor. "But you visited a gynecologist? What happened?" He asks scrolling down and reading the rest of her record.

"Ugh.. she gave me some pills.. Dianne? I think is what it's called? I don't like the way it made me feel. I just felt bloated and hungry all the time plus my knees hurt." she says leaning back on the chair with an annoyed look on her face. "I don't know if it was the pills that made me feel that way but she also prescribed metformin and I just stopped going to her after I finished the medication. That was like.. just after the second year that I didn't have my menstruation. I went to another gyno like, last year. I think. And she wanted me to drink pills! Again? I don't know if its just me but I don't like the way it makes me feel."

"I understand.. but in order for us to fix your period you would have to drink pills. At least that's usually the case." Taehyung says in concern with his brows creased then jumping on another screen on his computer.

She grunts. "But, I don't want to. I don't really mind not getting my period. In fact, I love it. Imagine all the costs I've saved from not buying pads? And I don't have to worry about staining the bed or hoping I don't have my period when going out on vacations. You know?"

Taehyung chuckles, because he doesn't know, but he understands. "But, don't you want to have kids?"

"Nop-e." She says popping the "p". "I'm a lesbian, so. Oh my god, not saying that they don't want to have kids but like, I don't think I will ever decide to have them. I don't even have a girlfriend right now. I have 10 cats plus my mom and a brother to take care of. That would take up the rest of my life."

Taehyung doesn't know how to react, he gives a small smile in sympathy. "I read that your mom has breast cancer."

"Yeah, but she's strong. We've just gone through her last chemo session. And before you ask, yes I've gotten a *sonomammogram and I'm clear."