Chapter 1 - Check-up

"Oh, no. I don't drink at all. But, we could if you want to.."

A simple "no" would have been fine. Taehyung leaned back on his chair holding on to his clipboard when the woman leaned forward onto his desk.

"And I actually had lunch alone.. that's the downside of being single. There's no one around to eat your meals with." The woman says as she brushed her cheek with her left hand showcasing her ring-less fingers, popping her chest up showcasing her cleavage as she graciously tucks her hair behind her ear looking down at Taehyung's chest and back up to his eyes as she bit her lip.

"I see. Maybe try making an arrangement with your friends or family, Ms. Cheong. I'm sure they would be glad to have you. Now, what seems to be the problem?" Taehyung asks looking away from her as he clicks on his mouse pulling up his patient's records just glancing at her. He'd given up asking her the routine questions and went straight to asking her what was wrong. This was the third time she visited him in two weeks and typically a single, not pregnant, healthy, woman would only need to visit at least once or twice a year.

He was about to end his shift for today when Ms. Cheong all of a sudden barged in to his office wearing a skimpy black dress, lips all red and plump with her unnecessary high heels clacking on the tile floor. He took a deep breath as he welcomed her in. In all honesty, he just wanted to have her schedule an appointment for another time because he was already drained after the day he's had but thought this would just take a minute.

Ms. Cheong initially came in for a check-up to ask about contraceptives and birth control and Taehyung gladly informed her about it. He was happy to see young patients who were at least conscious about contraception and who took pregnancy seriously. Though she again showed up just a few days after, asking for a breast exam.

"I think I felt a lump under my right breast last night, maybe you missed it the last time. I just wanted to be sure. You know.. safety?" she says placing a hand on her chest feigning innocence.

Taehyung doesn't regret saying that safety was always first with anything strange you might feel on your body and it wasn't bad to have it checked. But now with Ms. Cheong asking for another breast exam, Taehyung was starting to question her motive. But he didn't want to let those intrusive thoughts control him because there actually are anxious patients too and he knows they would feel better and more relieved if they've had their worries validated or checked by a professional. But from how Ms. Cheong was from her past visits and now looking like she was supposed to go to a bar than a doctor just weighs Taehyung's thoughts over what she was really coming in for.

Taehyung's days were always busy, he normally attends to all walk-in patients and some that have prior appointments in the middle of all his scheduled surgeries. He had performed a hysterectomy earlier in the day and helped Namjoon perform a cesarean with triplets and a prolapsed cord. Usually, Taehyung wouldn't delve in to obstetrics but he was always there if Namjoon needed a hand.

Waiting for her to change into her hospital gown, Taehyung prepared the examination table. He kindly smiled when she walked out of the bathroom wearing the mint green gown on, tucking her hair behind her ear as she sat down on the white non-slip cushion.

"Okay, please take.. " Taehyung paused as the patient has already unclothed herself down to her waist, sitting straight up looking at him. "All right." a faint smile on his face as he nods moving closer to her.

As with clinical breast exams, Taehyung visually inspects her breasts for any difference from the last time she has visited but there was none except now that he noticed some kind of glitter above her chest; and she seems to have changed her perfume to something sweeter. He'd asked her to raise her arms above her head and then have her put her hands at her waist and contract her pectoral muscles to evaluate for nipple retraction and like last time, there was none.